boat ramp

rbrwrm

I haven't been out there either but I doubt if the docks have been put back in. I know you don't need them to launch your boat but for old guys like me (who is often alone) they are a necessity

17 hours ago, rbrwrm said:

is the boat ramp at crystal beach ice free and is there any ice on the lake gotta go fishin

Dave😷

Good question Dave, I've been watching the Port Dover cam and guys have been fishing the pier, don't know if their catching or not. 

I would imagine they had to repair the docks at Crystal after that last wind storm they had last fall. docks got broken up, and some went missing I think. 

Docks are being replaced with brand new ones at Crystal. Halloween storm destroyed both. They are being manufactured by an outside marine company. No word on when they will be installed though. Can't really get much info at town hall what with the covid 19 pandemic . 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I went for a ride to see what our local ramps looked like. At Port Colborne's Sugar Loaf the centre dock was usable but about 2 inches under water. Two boats were out from here based on the trucks and trailers in the lot. At crystal beach there was one dock in but also slightly under water, usable for one boat at a time with rubber boots. Two or three boats were out from here as well. My question is are we allowed to use them? I go by myself, can launch my boat without coming in to contact with anyone, but is this acceptable. Can I be stopped by the police while trailering the boat for unnecessary travel? There are a lot of questions we don't know the answers to yet. As much as I would like to go fishing, I would not like to be perceived as careless and increasing the chances of infecting myself or others.

Ford was on the radio today ....there are tighter restrictions as many are not listening to the "advise" . Someone tore down a snow fence at a park to let their kids play on the slides ,etc .  All recreational activities are supposed to shut down but people may walk dogs or stroll in some parks where there's large open spaces ....keep clear of others .

As of today CDP was open (sign at entrance to read)  , and the launch at the Beacon was open ...but that may change today !

Watch the news today ,  Ford is putting us all on notice .

I have debated going out as well. Thought to myself that being on the open water away from everyone would be the best example of social distance. Going for a walk is encouraged so why isn’t a boat ride? I decided not to go.  I think we are now at a point of don’t go out at all. Really I think they need to put a two week lock down in place, no incoming flights.  Any leeway someone they give, someone will ruin it for the rest of us 

2 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

I don't need a marina to launch my canoe so it is alright if I go out fishing. I hope so because I'm heading out to the lake today.

There is no comparison to a person fishing solo from a canoe/yak or from shore to all the people still use buses etc. to get to work , or the lines of shoppers waiting to get inside a grocery store .  What you are saying Mark IS common sense !  Enjoy your day ! 

I was skunked on my first perch run yesterday .....nearest fisherman was 2 miles out on the lake ....

Archived