boat ramp

rbrwrm

42 minutes ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Yep, just keep spreading it.👎

In stores more likely. Many wearing face mask improperly. Don't know if they have or they think it helps protect.

Just be vigilant if you are high risk for flu and cold effects. If you are sick, stay home.

Here here about some fresh air.....this is about the time of year I start looking for some fishing spots where I dont see people....steelie fishing run its course over the winter months....on to the toothie critter quest......and some other exploring.....self isolation and social distancing and fresh air....and in a responsible fashion...just as some of the nfners are referring too...some of which i have known for many years.....we aren't talking about running around rampid like the people at the grocery store that cant even follow the big red arrows around to the big footprints...I hope they dont drive like that on one way streets.....just because some of us are being a bit light hearted and joking around does not mean we aren't taking this whole situation seriously.....all the best to everyone and thier loved ones!!!!

The amount of people I still see out and about is astounding. While I was out getting the wheels moving on the beast today-  Line ups at Lowe’s, Home Depot ....TIM HORTONS?? People standing in line and in the drive through for diarrhea in a cup!! It’s 2020-  everyone has a coffee maker, c’mon!

1 hour ago, Captain Hooksets said:

The amount of people I still see out and about is astounding. While I was out getting the wheels moving on the beast today-  Line ups at Lowe’s, Home Depot ....TIM HORTONS?? People standing in line and in the drive through for diarrhea in a cup!! It’s 2020-  everyone has a coffee maker, c’mon!

They like the routine of getting coffee during working hours. 

But yeah, hardware type stores will be closed. Which mean grocery/department stores will be even busier. Limiting people allowed in, hence the line ups.  6 ft apart makes it look worse.

The new expanded H.H. on 4th Ave ( formerly Kala's)  has a pretty good set up for shoppers . The doors are both open , a staff/owner asks if they can assist you and direct you to your needs . I asked if they had a map of the store since it has been rearranged and expanded . They could put the store layout on line to save us time in the store . The checkout lady is behind plexi-glass and scans the goods without touching and  sets them aside . Then you can have a bag to load yourself and pay with the tap card . I suppose you could wear a glove  to punch in a pin number or use a pen .....

The grocery stores need to have better service , as I stated , stay open longer and shorten those crazy lines outside . We are dealing with our food here ....  Wash or disinfect what you buy there .

Are taxis still working ?  Uber ? 

58 minutes ago, мормышка said:

They like the routine of getting coffee during working hours. 

But yeah, hardware type stores will be closed. Which mean grocery/department stores will be even busier. Limiting people allowed in, hence the line ups.  6 ft apart makes it look worse.

Hey, I get it - I don’t like breaking routine either and I have been doing it for a month now. Reality is that people will have to break routine and it’s hard. For me- my truck doesn’t get driven, beautiful boat sitting in the driveway not being used, thousands and thousands of $ of tackle not being put to use, not seeing family, friends and their kids, not getting out of the house to go to work although I’m fortunate to work from home. I could go on and on but, In turn, there’s some positives. I’m saving money on gas (although it’s pretty much free from the prices I’ve seen),  saving $1000 a month not paying for daycare,  saving $ on eating out/coffee( haven’t even had an outside coffee or pizza in over a month), getting things done around the house I’d normally not do(I’d be fishing instead), getting to spend more time with my daughter......and wife- not so sure that’s a positive?  

wishing everyone here the best in safety and in health. 

CHS

Our yards will look immaculate  and we can golf on our grass , plus it's a good time to have a nice veggie garden .I'm replacing the transom wood on my aluminum freighter canoe , just painted the new wood then do some rivet work   and find out how to paint the old girl .   I bought some snap & click flooring for a bedroom about 7 years ago ....it's still in the boxes under the bed..... This may be the year ....We don't eat out anymore , it's been many years ,but we will split a sub now and then ,,,, or heat up a frozen "Delissio" pizza (with pineapple) or grab a hot rotisserie chicken !  Gas has gone up with another hit from the carbon tax .....oil at 20 bucks a barrel ....wait until it hits $100 again !  EV time ?  

Keep busy CHS , it's good for you .....helps keep us sane !

Archived