Spring carping

Tyler0420

Looks like a nice spot .  ...deeper water ?  

The last carp I battled hit so hard it pulled the rod forward  a foot , even though I had the back drag set very easy ,,,,  maybe tie a line to the back of your tripod for extra security ... looks a little fragile on that rock !

Nice cool days ahead .....  the bugs should all be dead !!!  ....and the fish will be looking for some fat corn ....

Good fishing today !

Gotta meet up soon !   🦈

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s probably around 9fow. No action this morning. A couple other guys carp fishing with no luck either. I’m fishing a Toronto area creek with a boat launch beside me. The lake is beautiful but no trailers in the lot. 

Nine ft. ...similar to Rennie at 10 -12' average .....will have to try there soon .  

I'm not  carprenure enough to know if carp will feed on those bugs that covered the water and may be lining the bottom now .....I know carp will take a minnow , has happened ice fishing . 

too many spots ....so little time .....even for us retired ones .....   🤫

I’m sure the carp are eating all the flys on the water, fattening up for us to catch😉

managed one sofar on all my new carp gear. Feels nice fighting a fish with the new set up. 
Should start raining anytime now so pack up another ball and hide out in the truck.  Don’t feel like packing up a wet shelter later on.  

82BFECB7-267F-416B-83FA-D3016D60A3B9.png

Archived