Local Business Support

Surf and Turf

With the current Pandemic situation non essential small business's will be forced to shut down as of midnight tonight, including hunting and fishing stores. If you have any purchases planned it would go a long way in helping out these business's get through this period. It is hard enough for them to complete with Amazon, Bass Pro and Cabela's in the best of times. This could be the straw that broke the camel's back for many small business. I'm sure they would appreciate the support.

Let alone the tackle shops....some fishing holes and parking lots for them will probably be next the way some places have been a zoo lately...there's definitely more than 5 people at some of them 😳.....there would be a heck of alot less "window shopping with the whole family because we are bored" going on at the small local shops where most people already know what they need and are in and out....no one is standing around chewing on crayons while they lick the glass on a big fish tank !!🚫🖍👅🤣

It seems this invisible C-19 monster can be passed on with very little contact , either by touch or by air . It could be a very effective type of warfare to wipe out humanity .  When a small shop like Peter's ,ect . decide to close shop ,they realize how easily one infected person can spread this very contagious disease from door handles to customers handling rods , reels and tackle , etc.

When I was asked to open the trunk of my car and have the vets assistant come outside wearing a mask and toss the pills into the trunk , I realized just how easily this deadly disease can get out of control !

Fishing with a buddy or two is fine , but joining in with the crowds who take chances with taking a disease home to their families is not a smart thing to do .  We can't be 100 % ....like getting a few needed groceries as long as we are always aware and vigilant every move we make .  Be careful , not care-less .....hoping by summer (June 20 ) we can start living a normal life again.

5 hours ago, smerchly said:

It seems this invisible C-19 monster can be passed on with very little contact , either by touch or by air . It could be a very effective type of warfare to wipe out humanity .  When a small shop like Peter's ,ect . decide to close shop ,they realize how easily one infected person can spread this very contagious disease from door handles to customers handling rods , reels and tackle , etc.

When I was asked to open the trunk of my car and have the vets assistant come outside wearing a mask and toss the pills into the trunk , I realized just how easily this deadly disease can get out of control !

Fishing with a buddy or two is fine , but joining in with the crowds who take chances with taking a disease home to their families is not a smart thing to do .  We can't be 100 % ....like getting a few needed groceries as long as we are always aware and vigilant every move we make .  Be careful , not care-less .....hoping by summer (June 20 ) we can start living a normal life again.

Yes good points Smerch, it is scary, remember all the others it can affect too if you pick it up and spread it to someone else. It is really starting to sink in as my wife is a nurse, my 2nd oldest daughter is in nursing school and will be working as a PSW in a nursing home for the summer, and my youngest daughter is working as a cashier at a grocery store after school and for the summer. Especially when we are young we think we are invincible and think that maybe we could end up a bit under the weather, but not being diligent can pass to a grocery worker, to a nurse caring for patients or the elderly or any combination of the above.

The best Defense against the virus is scrubbing with soap and water.

the virus itself is apparently very fragile. - the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. Foam from soap CUTS the fat!  By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule (the virus) disperses and breaks down.

I checked on line to see if dish soap would be better , since I use it for killing yellow jackets , hornets and ants very quickly . The detergent in it burns them instantly . I mix it with water about 10 to one in a spray bottle  so it goes a long way ....also use it for finding tire/rim /valve leaks .

It can be used for C-10 etc , but tough on the hands, so hand cream is recommended ....we don't want cracked hands .   We use dove soap for hands and showers , seems to be easier on the skin .

Promptly deleted !   Feel free to delete above post Cliff . I patronize local shops from St.Kitts to Grimsby  as I would not like to see the Bass Pros , etc . take over ,  I would buy on line if that happened .  Be well .

3 hours ago, genec said:

What brand dish soap are you using Smerch??

I find Sunlight dish soap to be the strongest to kill those insects . about a half cup per liter of warm water in a sprayer should kill a yellow jacket in 10 seconds . They are from the hymenoptera family which means their whole body is like a membrane that burns with detergent soap as it would if it gets in your eyes . Ants should be dead in 2 seconds !  Lather them up ! Don't spray nests in daylight , wait till after dark when their all in bed !

Archived