A Day in the Life

smerchly

Started at Port Dal. , getting some time in for the last few days of pike until May . ..using large 4" shiner minnows under the float ,10' down ....notta scratch but the minnow lost a few scales after a few perch nibbles ?  The east side of the harbour was a zoo , packed with vehicles and anglers .....notta go for moi !

So I headed the C.D.P. ...gate was open , some people walking around the park , sitting in cars .  Lots of garbage at the pond left by the usual trashy people...pizza box , chicken dinner box, doritos, beer cans, water bottles , and a pile of bbq charcoal on the grass which isn't supposed to be used there . ...and yes , some 30# mono line ... A guy in a black uniform came down to talk to people there and he said we can fish there , but not use any of the tables (C-19).  I think he was a NPC  guy and he didn't say a thing about all the garbage around him .....

I then went to Jordan to see if there were any signs about being closed by the C-19 thing ....gate was closed but no new signs . Lots of water flow at the Bailey bridge , good for the spawning fish to reach far upstream .

A few shots today ....  a canoeist with his dogs enjoying a nice day at Port ....and CDP

cdp garbage.jpg

charcoal CDP.jpg

canoe dogs.jpg

What don’t people understand about what is going on?? Port D is like a zoo, port Credit was a zoo and lake Simcoe open water shore fishing was a zoo. People are going to die or you will contract and pass it on to someone who will die. Look at our neighbours they reached 100,000 infected now and still at least another 3 weeks from peaking. To all those people who think they are invincible get your head out of your ass and don’t be responsible for spreading the virus. When this really takes off here I bet it will be the same people blaming others about the spread. Do your part and stay away from others. Get out and fish and enjoy the fresh air but please do it alone and let’s beat this. 

I understand caution, but If it were that deadly,  EVERYTHING would be closed. You would be locked inside your home until it was clear to leave.

99.9% of C-19 deaths were not directly due directly to C-19, but most were due to 3 or more other health issues. Look at age, usually 70 + in years. Many of the yearly afflictions (SARS, swine, H1N1, etc) in other years killed more in the same manner with less panic. 

Large public gathering of people indoors is a good way to spread this flu in general, therefore this was a good move to prevent it. Schools being open would be bad, hospital waiting rooms would be very bad. Nursing/retirement homes are currently most affected.

Back in January, when it was known C-19 would come over here, borders were not restricted until a few days ago and air travel screenings of foreign flights are laughable at best, even up until this day. ESPECIALLY flights from affected countries. They advise people landing at airport that IF they feel under the weather, to self isolate for 14 days. Many would go to the stores before heading home. How would you enforce this to make sure they self isolate?

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

Started at Port Dal. , getting some time in for the last few days of pike until May . ..using large 4" shiner minnows under the float ,10' down ....notta scratch but the minnow lost a few scales after a few perch nibbles ?  The east side of the harbour was a zoo , packed with vehicles and anglers .....notta go for moi !

So I headed the C.D.P. ...gate was open , some people walking around the park , sitting in cars .  Lots of garbage at the pond left by the usual trashy people...pizza box , chicken dinner box, doritos, beer cans, water bottles , and a pile of bbq charcoal on the grass which isn't supposed to be used there . ...and yes , some 30# mono line ... A guy in a black uniform came down to talk to people there and he said we can fish there , but not use any of the tables (C-19).  I think he was a NPC  guy and he didn't say a thing about all the garbage around him .....

I then went to Jordan to see if there were any signs about being closed by the C-19 thing ....gate was closed but no new signs . Lots of water flow at the Bailey bridge , good for the spawning fish to reach far upstream .

A few shots today ....  a canoeist with his dogs enjoying a nice day at Port ....and CDP

cdp garbage.jpg

charcoal CDP.jpg

canoe dogs.jpg

Can’t believe the garbage smerch and who’s eating hungry mans on the bank? Wonder if the garbage is from overflowing garbage cans and it getting blown around. 

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Can’t believe the garbage smerch and who’s eating hungry mans on the bank? Wonder if the garbage is from overflowing garbage cans and it getting blown around. 

People are pigs in general. Look at parking areas in these parks where they open their vehicle door to drop stuff on the ground instead of using a trash can close by. Look at coffee drive-thrus, people tossing their cups where they order (Welland Ave one is bad).

No garbage cans there yet Tyler . People were fishing there .....mono line , worm box , corn  . The tables are handy , right on the bank. They close the gates after dark I'm told. ...maybe a daytime munchies party going on ..... 

"People are pigs in general"      🐷

I like to think those like us who take partake in on line fishing sites like NFN have more respect for the environment and keep their spots clean ....and that includes butts , fishing line and all packaging .

Oh come on..

You guys aren't giving them the benefit of the doubt?...like due to the recent hoarding of all the non perishable food items...all the cans where gone so they had to get the corn from the tv dinners for bait.....in that case...still no excuse for leaving your bait containers on the ground🤔

7 hours ago, мормышка said:

I understand caution, but If it were that deadly,  EVERYTHING would be closed. You would be locked inside your home until it was clear to leave.

99.9% of C-19 deaths were not directly due directly to C-19, but most were due to 3 or more other health issues. Look at age, usually 70 + in years. Many of the yearly afflictions (SARS, swine, H1N1, etc) in other years killed more in the same manner with less panic. 

Large public gathering of people indoors is a good way to spread this flu in general, therefore this was a good move to prevent it. Schools being open would be bad, hospital waiting rooms would be very bad. Nursing/retirement homes are currently most affected.

Back in January, when it was known C-19 would come over here, borders were not restricted until a few days ago and air travel screenings of foreign flights are laughable at best, even up until this day. ESPECIALLY flights from affected countries. They advise people landing at airport that IF they feel under the weather, to self isolate for 14 days. Many would go to the stores before heading home. How would you enforce this to make sure they self isolate.

It is people that think like you that need to be educated:

-this virus is extremely deadly. Do you know how many are infected and how many 1000’s are dead?

-to lock up EVERYTHING is not possible. Do you mean wait till it gets real bad like other countries that have arenas for holding dead bodies? Countries that are so bad that a total lockdown prevents people from getting food? Do you mean you need it to get that bad before we need to do our part and have our government say ok everything is locked now because people don’t take it serious?

-this is not a 70+ disease. It won’t discriminate against age. Yes the elderly have more respiratory issues or their immune system can be compromised easier but to even suggest that it’s okay because of 70+ and other health issues is not a big deal.

-this has already surpassed SARS in a short period of time. As I wriTe this over 600,000 people infected and over 28,000 deaths. But as you say this is not that deadly. I worked on getting medical supplies to our country and can tell you this is far greater a threat to you and me. 
-self isolation after flight is not IF you feel symptoms....it’s MANDATORY.

This is a fishing website and not a platform to argue things like this. Normally I would never do this or waste my time with your ignorant comments or your lack of proper facts but if I can help one person or save even the smallest spread it was worth hijacking Bill’s post here. I honestly feel sorry for you and your family and friends if you treat it with disregard. Please enjoy the outdoors, go fishing, take walks, but please don’t fish shoulder to shoulder or even worse think your invincible.

Once again my apologies for posting a non fishing post Tyler and Bill sorry for the hijack.

Stay safe everyone. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Guelph said:

It is people that think like you that need to be educated:

-this virus is extremely deadly. Do you know how many are infected and how many 1000’s are dead?

-to lock up EVERYTHING is not possible. Do you mean wait till it gets real bad like other countries that have arenas for holding dead bodies? Countries that are so bad that a total lockdown prevents people from getting food? Do you mean you need it to get that bad before we need to do our part and have our government say ok everything is locked now because people don’t take it serious?

-this is not a 70+ disease. It won’t discriminate against age. Yes the elderly have more respiratory issues or their immune system can be compromised easier but to even suggest that it’s okay because of 70+ and other health issues is not a big deal.

-this has already surpassed SARS in a short period of time. As I wriTe this over 600,000 people infected and over 28,000 deaths. But as you say this is not that deadly. I worked on getting medical supplies to our country and can tell you this is far greater a threat to you and me. 
-self isolation after flight is not IF you feel symptoms....it’s MANDATORY.

This is a fishing website and not a platform to argue things like this. Normally I would never do this or waste my time with your ignorant comments or your lack of proper facts but if I can help one person or save even the smallest spread it was worth hijacking Bill’s post here. I honestly feel sorry for you and your family and friends if you treat it with disregard. Please enjoy the outdoors, go fishing, take walks, but please don’t fish shoulder to shoulder or even worse think your invincible.

Once again my apologies for posting a non fishing post Tyler and Bill sorry for the hijack.

Stay safe everyone. 

steve when we getting out for social distance carpin?

48 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

steve when we getting out for social distance carpin?

It's easy to get off track as I have done (sometimes) . I  posted about fishing ...then the wildlife , then on to garbage . ...and then mentioned the guy in black uniform who said to avoid using the tables (C-19)

Note.....I have heard/read that it started in Dec. 2019 and was hushed up .....thus we can call it the C 19  

No need for an apology Steve ....people are getting uptight as this disease progresses ....no telling how long it will last , or come back on us if there are still a few people left who can start the cycle again . The big thing now is our economy ....jobs will be lost big time . When we go fishing , those with boats have plenty of room after they launch ,  and shore anglers can easily stay away from spots that are obviously fishing 10 feet apart . The carp anglers almost always keep about 40-50' apart when others have chummed their spots and need extra elbow room landing 30lb beauties .

RAIN + 18*C. TOMORROW =  CARP ON THE RUN !!    👍

I hope soon Tyler. Just retired in November although working harder now with this pandemic and doing my part to help out. I want to get the kayak out again also. Catfish are calling my name. If we all do our part we will all be sharing the bank and swapping fish tales. Stay safe and stay smart.

5 minutes ago, smerchly said:

It's easy to get off track as I have done (sometimes) . I  posted about fishing ...then the wildlife , then on to garbage . ...and then mentioned the guy in black uniform who said to avoid using the tables (C-19)

Note.....I have heard/read that it started in Dec. 2019 and was hushed up .....thus we can call it the C 19  

No need for an apology Steve ....people are getting uptight as this disease progresses ....no telling how long it will last , or come back on us if there are still a few people left who can start the cycle again . The big thing now is our economy ....jobs will be lost big time . When we go fishing , those with boats have plenty of room after they launch ,  and shore anglers can easily stay away from spots that are obviously fishing 10 feet apart . The carp anglers almost always keep about 40-50' apart when others have chummed their spots and need extra elbow room landing 30lb beauties .

RAIN + 18*C. TOMORROW =  CARP ON THE RUN !!    👍

I played a role in the SARS pandemic as with a role in securing the Naloxone for the Opioid crisis in Ontario we face now. I see first hand that’s it not just “old people” but the cancer patients or the little kids with asthma. This is long from over Bill. Restrictions just went from 50 to 5 I believe. Not sure how this will change the fishing along the shores. Get out there catch the big one and post a picture for us Bill 👍

24 minutes ago, мормышка said:

Steve_Guelph,  I sent you a PM.

I read your message and will say everyone has a right to their own views and thoughts. My message was in no way went to bash you or others. I simply want people to be aware that this can be overcome easily by keeping our distance and washing your hands frequently. If your sick please police yourself and stay away from others. Again my post was not meant to centre you out it was to educate or possibly help others. Stay safe and play nice.

7 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

I read your message and will say everyone has a right to their own views and thoughts. My message was in no way went to bash you or others. I simply want people to be aware that this can be overcome easily by keeping our distance and washing your hands frequently. If your sick please police yourself and stay away from others. Again my post was not meant to centre you out it was to educate or possibly help others. Stay safe and play nice.

Fair enough! 

Archived