Carp days are upon us .......

smerchly

Well , pike runs have ended and time for cats and carp .........

Here's a good way to start the carp fishing .........

March carp.jpg

...........   Yep , March 29 ,  at 10:08 am.  .............................last year !   

It's 70*C. right now , and we had more ice last year .......SO >>>   it's time to revisit the scene ......very soon !

9 minutes ago, genec said:

I really hope that you meant 70 Fahrenheit Smerch!!

HAHA !!  Yes it was 70*F . Gene !  The F & C are1" apart on the keyboard and my eyes ain't what they was......

I could edit it , but I'll leave it be .....

Nice catch Gene !    B)

The cats seem to be able to zero in on the bait in extra muddy waters using their big whiskers and radar . For carp we  chum our spots to put out more scent .

I went to fish a creek mouth today on Lake Ontario but the 4’ waves were crashing the beach pretty hard And the creek was pure mud so went to check out CCIW. One of the regulars were there so I got all excited. (Yes the carp must be in) I pull into the parking lot and he’s packing up. He had his bait boat out with the finder on it and marked no fish at all. Guess it’s still going to be a bit. So headed back home to fish this lake with no luck either. The wind was crazy today. 

They will be starting in the shallow water any time in a few spots I know...when I have the time I am going to start checking out a few spots.....although sometimes it's weird...you can check spots every day....then all of a sudden...boom it's on!!!!!

11 hours ago, Tony said:

Nice carp, Bill................One of the nicer ones that I've seen in a while..............

Yes Tony , the pretty ladies get more attention ......

26 minutes ago, Mike Pike said:

Dang, Smerch, you had me going on that one.  Nice carp, though, no matter when it was caught.  And we love pictures.

Thanks Mike ,  pictures give us inspiration and revitalize our memories of passed successes when the last 4 outings have been fish-less  :skunk: 

Archived