Closed boat ramps

Gil

Bertie boat club ramp is closed. I heard today that Sugarloaf was open! What about Crystal beach? Its a little confusing!!! How about niagara parkway ramps??  Any real info apreciated Thanx!

My understanding is that for the most part, the ramps that are closed are inside a park offering playground equipment etc. The ramp itself is not closed but the access to it is. As of Friday the ramps at both Crystal Beach and Sugarloaf were open as this condition did not apply. Driving along the parkway between Fort Erie and Niagara Falls, the ramps were all available. Saturday morning the commercial ramp at the Beacon on Lake Ontario was open and very busy. It's a murky situation and who knows what it will be like in another day or two. With the ban on unnecessary travel, how can one justify hauling their boat and possibly stopping for fuel, bait, coffee or whatever. I would like to go fishing as much as the rest of you but I guess I will hold off until the authorities say it is acceptable.

So I think it means a $750.00 fine for one person in a boat to fish on L. Erie. Now what about some parks that are left open, whats good for one should be good for others. I hope I don't see anyone walking a dog down my street.😡

Drove past Sugarloaf in Port Colborne  today (Monday Apr 6) and they are closing the ramp. One side was blocked and there was city a truck blocking the other side. There were trucks and trailers in the lot so I think he was waiting for them to return before blocking the other side.

3 hours ago, FishingDayz said:

C93969CD-0733-44E9-BB49-B72EDECD95DE.jpeg

You seem to have it mixed up!!!

What you see in photo 1 is 100% not allowed by our government right now. They are almost all subject to a $750 ticket.

What you see in photo 2 is 100% ok according to our government right now.

1 hour ago, slabtime said:

You seem to have it mixed up!!!

What you see in photo 1 is 100% not allowed by our government right now. They are almost all subject to a $750 ticket.

What you see in photo 2 is 100% ok according to our government right now.

If photo #2 is ok, could you pls tell me where in niagara I can launch my boat?

49 minutes ago, tombo said:

If photo #2 is ok, could you pls tell me where in niagara I can launch my boat?

So sorry no idea about that area. Some other lakes yes because the launches are on the home owners property. 

Good luck!! 

I hope you  find some where to get out.

Archived