Nice morning fishing

Tyler0420

Hit the grand this morning for a lil change. Had some worms so went to drown some. Targeting carp, suckers n catts. Had my carp rod and decided I had to change to some lighter gear. a few bites later I had a sucker on witch came off while I was swinging it in. next I hear a guy yelling at me letting me know up the street there’s an officer ticketing 3 cars. They couldn’t of been there long cuz they weren’t there when I drove by.  So not knowing if I should be out I packed up and left. I was pulled off the side of the road fishing. No boat launch, no trail, no other people around me.  When I left I seen what looked like the ministry ticketing 3 vehicles n talking to one guy. not sure why they were getting a talking to though.  Most people park there and walleye fish which is OOS right now. so anyways I headed to my carp lake which was a skunk.  However fishing was slow but seen some action. Fish jumping, cruising, swirling around. 
found some fish up the canal so I might see if I can get them eating bread off the surface sometime. The water is only 1-2ft deep so I don’t really wanna fish it anyways. 

39E53105-E703-41F4-AEEF-AFDA0AF01FD3.jpeg

BE5B8450-CDAA-42FB-A2DE-A45A14A957B0.jpeg

The cats I caught today were on the warm side so I thought the carp should be there as well ....even caught a 4" sunfish ! 

But ....we have another cold spell moving in with freezing night temperatures . 

Those fish in the shallows look like suckers ? 

Heard on the news today 800 vehicles were turned away at a T.O. park , now deciding to close it up .

53 minutes ago, мормышка said:

Suckers would prefer clearer, flowing water with rocks. Definitely carp. You can tell by body profile.

That’s the exact type of water I was fishing suckers on the river. 

10 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

The fish pic are carp smerch. I know it’s been a while since we’ve seen one. 

They can't be carp ......  I don't  see any of them on the bank . With our "expertise " and high tech gear , we need to see the proof !! 

That would creep me out , seeing carp at my feet and looking at my limp line and silent alarm !  

Archived