Shore Fishing....O.K.????

Tony

I’ll explain it as if you were one of my patients asking the question.  

A virus particle contains genetic code (RNA usually) surrounded by a protein layer.   Some viruses (most influenzas for example) also have a lipid or fat layer outside the protein layer. 

When a virus infiltrates your body (different viruses have different methods of entry), the virus will attack the cells in your body that the particular virus attacks. As an example...influenza can enter through your nose and infiltrate your lung cells.   

Once a virus finds its host cell, it either enters that cell or empties its genetic code into the host cell.  Inside that cell it uses its own genetic code and the cell’s components to reproduce itself.  In this way the virus numbers keep growing.  

Along the way the body mounts a response.  Often it is that response (inflammation) is the symptom that you would feel.  Obviously these symptoms can become severe as the number of virus particles grow.  

How does that vaccine work?  Well since for the most part there are few antivirals that work against most viruses, vaccines (made from the protein components of the virus) get your body creating a safe immune response so that in case of exposure you have a head start. 

Is that helpful?  And no I did not google that.  25+ years experience.  

No they are not classified as alive because they cannot reproduce without using parts from the host cell that it infiltrates.  They do however have genetic code which almost makes them alive.  But the short answer is NO. 

28 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

No they are not classified as alive because they cannot reproduce without using parts from the host cell that it infiltrates.  They do however have genetic code which almost makes them alive.  But the short answer is NO. 

Ok. So how is it that people think that you can catch something that is not alive?

I’m not sure I understand your question.  Is it a play on words because this is a fishing forum?

If the question was legit I did explain how that works in my post above as u requested. 

10 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I’m not sure I understand your question.  Is it a play on words because this is a fishing forum?

If the question was legit I did explain how that works in my post above as u requested. 

So is the virus acting like a bacteria?  Bacteria is a living organism. A virus is not (until a cell "lets" it enter). Bacteria can spread and infect actively and be contagious, but still doesn't mean everybody catches the cold (for example). 

From what I've read/heard viruses are solvents created cellularly inside the body specific to a organ which do not cross contaminate (like hep C and the liver, hep C won't infect your lungs or stomach, only the liver and non transferable unless needles are shared from infected to non infected, (enter through injection). Many viruses are already ingrained in us as part of our make up. Apparently everybody already has coronavirus, herpes and flu (as examples) naturally present and need triggers to activate. Once activated it becomes cyclical cleansing, as required.  A flu is a body reaction to a virus shedding or detoxification. Again, still doesn't mean everybody gets the viral infection. Viruses being response to internal environment, which is why being stressed is so bad (silent killer). Which is why I asked, how somebody can catch something (off grocery cart, through the air, ) that is not alive.

Archived