Another good day

marktheperchman

Got back out today and they were still biting. Only thing was the dink ratio was about 7:1 today where yesterday was more like 3:1. Thirty years now I've had that canoe and I still love fishing out of it. Wish I could avoid the sore butt though lol.

15862079286701524716375548054549.jpg

1 hour ago, marktheperchman said:

Thirty years now I've had that canoe and I still love fishing out of it. Wish I could avoid the sore butt though lol.

Another feast ...WTG !  

Is your canoe glass or aluminum ?  I've had my old canoe for 40+ years . ....mostly for moose hunts (with some fishing time) . I'm putting new wood on the transom and have a few rivets to fix.....then I'd like to paint it up nice and pretty . some here will remember her from the BIG cleanup we did at Jordan , years ago .

Canoe Repair.jpg

2 minutes ago, marktheperchman said:

My canoe is a Coleman. Hard plastic. I've gouged the bottom on a lot of rocks over the years and still no holes. Knock on wood.

Can always be patched up Mark . The bottom of my canoe has many dents and scrapes ....a 3" crack was welded up , and a couple of nuts & bolts used to close small holes . This tank is 90 lbs . and never tipped over ....flat bottom and beveled sides make it very stable . Bought it at Nichols Marina for $150  as a "second"...  brand new.  I ran a 3 hp Evinrude on the back for going up rivers ., have an electric now.  I'll show the van extension trailer adapter for using it locally after it's painted ......may follow you some day !   :pardon:

Smerchly, your canoe looks almost identical to mine that I’ve had since the early 1970’s!

i bought mine new from Harbourcraft  in Ft Erie as a “second” also - a 16ft freighter that weighs around 118 Lbs., but is unflippable  in any waves!!

mine is all painted cameo, as we used to do a lot of duck hunting from it in Erie every fall, and I too used to  run an electric on it.  Had to have 4 cracks welded on it after crashing into shore rocks one duck hunt!  I put a pair of seats in it to give better back support for fishing outings.

Archived