Broken down truck

marktheperchman

On my way home from work today on the Toronto bound QEW just past Lyons Creek in the construction zone there was a stalled pickup with a boat and trailer. No way for anyone to go around and a long wait for a tow. Feel sorry for anyone caught in that mess. I sure hope the guy with the boat caught fish at least or it would have been a very poopy day. I was Fort Erie bound. 

10 hours ago, icecy said:

I wonder what happens if a cop stops by in this situation. Would he get a ticket for non-essential travel?

Should get a ticket, some just don't get it. 

"Officer .....I picked up my boat from the repair shop , just taking it home to put her up for sale  because I need the money to feed my family "

Getting close to martial law here ,  unless it is declared as such .

That could have been me bringing my boat back home when I had it fixed near Lyons Cr,Rd......:unsure:

Yeah that would be a stressful situation for sure. It's bad enough when you have a breakdown under the best of circumstances let alone on the highway in the middle of a construction zone blocking traffic. Hopefully his wife wasn't with him in the truck at the time could have pushed the poor bugger over the edge.

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

What about cyclists, joggers and dog walkers? Worse? Same? Ignore?

You really don't get it do you?

Non essential travel and getting exercise are two totally different things!!

8 minutes ago, slabtime said:

You really don't get it do you?

Non essential travel and getting exercise are two totally different things!!

I was wondering about the bike thing .... I sometimes hop on my bike and go fishing at the 12 Mile Creek ....takes me 10 minutes to get to my prime spots . ...seldom a soul around me except some ticks.....

Plenty of cyclists and "Harley's" going down my street daily...

So many questions  but few logical answers ......

After the dust settles maybe we will learn something about how we do business with the world !  Thousands of American companies decided to abandon their workers and give those jobs to the Pacific Rim where they could get cheap slave labour  and turn their million dollar profits into $$$ billions . Both Mr.Ford and Pres.Trump have stated we need to be much less reliable on China to fill our needs . We will certainly NEED those jobs after this catastrophe !

5 hours ago, smerchly said:

"Officer .....I picked up my boat from the repair shop , just taking it home to put her up for sale  because I need the money to feed my family "

Getting close to martial law here ,  unless it is declared as such .

That could have been me bringing my boat back home when I had it fixed near Lyons Cr,Rd......:unsure:

Yes one can say that to the officer, but the question remains, how important or "essential" to get your boat repaired at the middle of a pandemic? Would that be a valid excuse to avoid a ticket?

3 hours ago, мормышка said:

What about cyclists, joggers and dog walkers? Worse? Same? Ignore?

As much as we need to avoid contact we also need to keep ourselves sane and healthy. A guy who claims that he needed to pick-up his boat from repair shop admits that he unavoidably been in contact with other people for something that is not essential. A cyclist, a dog walker, or jogger don't need to be in contact with anybody, and as long as they avoid crowds they are a lot less likely to spread the virus. Having said that I am in the opinion that everybody should remain in their house and exercise if they need to without leaving their property until we have an upperhand on controlling the disease.

I see your point ...to a point .....Many vehicles going down my street for various reasons . ...buses with one or more riders , city work trucks with two passengers , line ups outside at Walmart , lots of cars at the Beer Store (essential service) . People still hoarding TP . milk , diapers , eggs , etc etc. ,causing others to shop around more . We anglers know the score about ramps when hoards show up and close contact may happen , but driving to a desolate spot on the bank of a river or lake and getting a few hours of "  meditation"  in helps ease tensions and builds the body's defense system .....

So many people cooped up in their homes will cause more tensions , assaults , divorces .........and more kids !  I equate fishing from a bank to going for a stroll with Fido .  Bottom line is using common sense ....the "distance thing" ........................   :ph34r:.........................:Gonefishing:

3 hours ago, icecy said:

As much as we need to avoid contact we also need to keep ourselves sane and healthy. A guy who claims that he needed to pick-up his boat from repair shop admits that he unavoidably been in contact with other people for something that is not essential. A cyclist, a dog walker, or jogger don't need to be in contact with anybody, and as long as they avoid crowds they are a lot less likely to spread the virus. Having said that I am in the opinion that everybody should remain in their house and exercise if they need to without leaving their property until we have an upperhand on controlling the disease.

I don't follow your reasoning here.

This is either to be taken seriously by everybody or not. Which is it? 

MANY people are out and about today enjoying the weather, except fishermen of course.

The guy walking his dog should get a ticket for sure, leaving dog piss residue & Crap 💩residue on my grass for me to walk in my bare feet .😱😡

Guys lets the dog rub his dogs snotty nose on a passersby.😱😡 

Animals can carry Covid 19 also.☠️

Some people don't get it, because you like your dog, doesn't mean everyone should like them.😠

Walking down the street is not essential either.

Everyone should just get along and do things safely and keep your distance, launch by yourself, fish by yourself. 

Sorry genec, hunt by yourself👍😃 Good luck on the Gobler👍

Well, they can ban me from taking my boat out to social distance on the lake where I would have been off by myself, but they aren’t going to stop me from going turkey hunting on April 25th!

i drive directly to the farm, with no contact with anyone on the way, and once there I am at least 1/4 mile from anyone, which is far better than even a walk in my neighbourhood!  
 If I am lucky, I get to harvest a bird that is truly organic, with no antibiotics, steroids or growth hormones, and don’t have to chance coming in contact with a covid19 carrier in the grocery store!  And doing this is a lot better for my mental health than sitting in the house slowly going stir crazy!!
 What possible danger is there in that?

My wife just returned from grocery shopping .  Walmart was a zoo outside so she tried G.T ....no problem , well organized ( I forgot to put CORN on her list !!   :wall:  

She came home with 13 bright  yellow bags of groceries . They bag it for you .   My last read on the Daily Mail showed how to wash all the goods and  put the bags in a place to "cool off "  ,wash things like banana's in soapy water , etc etc . but she doesn't do any of that ....just wash the hands .....I am more vigilant about the food . 

Now that the "commercial" is done .....for your fishing pleasure ......my back yard grass was loaded with worms last night and will be again tonight .  Wouldn't you know it , when we are in "quarantine" , the bait will be plentiful , fish are starving , and we cook hot dogs on the grill .... But I'll be grabbing some of those worms tonight and keep them for ...a rainy day .  🌩️

Wow Smerch, you sure lucked out at the homestead....free bait and  TP (moss) all at your back door step! Don't tell me you have a still set up too or I will be really jealous!!

2 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

Don't tell me you have a still set up too or I will be really jealous!!

Well , I have a lot of oats , about 40 lbs of "cow corn" , ...a pressure cooker ....   ;)

Moss is good for the worms and can be a life saver on the trail  . 

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Well , I have a lot of oats , about 40 lbs of "cow corn" , ...a pressure cooker ....   ;)

Moss is good for the worms and can be a life saver on the trail  . 

Wow, sounds like you have plan already! Let me know when the first batch is ready!

1 hour ago, Surf and Turf said:

Wow, sounds like you have plan already! Let me know when the first batch is ready!

1 hour ago, Surf and Turf said:

Ha !  I used to make wines from an English wine book ....peach , apple , dandelion , grape , and for the ladies ....strawberry ! Now ,I just buy a 24 of  Laker Red  every month , less in the winter ....drinking a cappuccino now !  The hard stuff is long gone !

14 hours ago, smerchly said:

Yep...we get it there Jethro...a clever way to unsuspiciously drumming up all the goods for a fresh batch of the shine!!!...and you could always convince the Mrs that the still you are building is a new minnow tank..next time we get to go fishing together dont be shy..if you feel like running off a test batch of the recipe I will join you in a toast 

Archived