Be careful

gunner-2

Watch your backs guys the opp are charging fishermen fishing on public land 3 guys were charged yesterday in dunnville you can only go on private property just more of our rights taken away

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our "leader"  ,  J.T. idolizes China , even more so now that China has shown how they beat "China -19" with a complete shutdown of Wuhan .  He wants Chinese investment  ( takeover )  $$$  in Canada and will kiss their derriers to get it.

Why waste police resources when crimes are happening , The drug "trade" is flourishing as we speak .

"Not proud to be a Canadian right now"

This is getting totally ridiculous!  
if you stay at least 6 feet away from anyone else, it should not be a chargeable offence.

Everyone on this site should write Doug Ford and protest these unfair tactics!  If you can walk in public as long as you are 6 feet apart, then you should be able to fish 6 feet apart!

https://correspondence.premier.gov.on.ca/EN/feedback/default.aspx

I wish everyone was on the same page. This site says fish local and stay away from people, that site says no fishing, he said this, she said that.....guys in their boats aren’t on private waters and their allowed to fish. My buddies friend did get a warning for fishing with his dad in a boat but they didn’t live at the same address. 

1 hour ago, genec said:

This is getting totally ridiculous!  
if you stay at least 6 feet away from anyone else, it should not be a chargeable offence.

Everyone on this site should write Doug Ford and protest these unfair tactics!  If you can walk in public as long as you are 6 feet apart, then you should be able to fish 6 feet apart!

https://correspondence.premier.gov.on.ca/EN/feedback/default.aspx

I agree genec this is getting out of control not only the people on here but Canada needs to make a stand not only for this but everything they don't want line up's at public ramps but come on we are not children or along rivers on shore we can go to grocery stores but cant go out in a boat not making any scense 

When the government rules with an iron fist with no exceptions it easier for them to control the masses . We try to use common sense and keep our distance  from others in open areas while people line up at the stores and come closer than 6ft . Lets go to 10ft.and see how that works in the stores !  That would be no problem for anglers .

1 minute ago, gunner-2 said:

I think not only write him but also demand our licence money back they don't mind taking that from us

For sure Gunner !   Ford needs to told by the OFAH  that he is going "overboard" next election !

Meanwhile Truedope traveled to Quebec to be with his family that are staying there while he is staying in Ottawa. His own distancing rules don't apply to "His Arrogance"  But  a father takes his kids to an empty parking lot to roller skate and gets an 880 dollar fine.

Ya that was bush league.  My kids play road roller blade hockey out front every day with the neighbourhood kids.  They actually formed a league.  Wonder if that’s a ticketable offence. 

11 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

Watch your backs guys the opp are charging fishermen fishing on public land 3 guys were charged yesterday in dunnville you can only go on private property just more of our rights taken away

So what actually are the facts here?Did they get charged because they were on public land OR  were they 3 individuals from different addresses fishing in close proximity to each other..In that case they are actually defying the social distancing guidelines... 

Another angle on boat launch closures is that they do not want to commit any more law enforcement to policing waters AND they don't want to put any of them at risk in case of on water rescue...

Fining people $800 for such a trivial "crime" is wayyyy over the top . I hope everyone fights the charge in court , I'm sure our "constitutional rights" apply here.  While the "ordinary" people are told to stay home , our leaders hop a private jet with other government hacks to have a love in in Ottawa . We anglers would gladly accept the "distance rule" just to get out of the house (apartment) to enjoy what nature offers on her waterways .  People will soon revolt and the crowds will be unstoppable . Loosen the ropes Mr.Government  , we KNOW how far 6' is .....

If the public properties have been declared closed by province, region, municipality, whatever dept. Regardless of the reason. They committed an act of trespass. Same if you are found in a public park outside regular hours. THis is not the United States where the rights of the individual are sacred. This is Canada, where things such as fishing, hunting, driving, use of crown land, are granted as a privilege.  And do not point to the "Canadian Charter of Rights" as it is nothing more than a limp wristed scrap of bum wipe with more holes in it than a piece of Swiss cheese.

You know well  how our governments work  Bruce . 

Just Googled up a word my mind came up with and checked out the meaning .......(copy & paste)

"Totalitarianism is a political system or a form of government that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life. It is regarded as the most extreme and complete form of authoritarianism."

couldn't have said it better myself  ......

1 hour ago, Mbocco said:

Ya that was bush league.  My kids play road roller blade hockey out front every day with the neighbourhood kids.  They actually formed a league.  Wonder if that’s a ticketable offence. 

I'm confused, you are a healthcare worker with knowledge of the virus ,and you're letting your kids play with the neighbourhood kids??

7 hours ago, Dave said:

I'm confused, you are a healthcare worker with knowledge of the virus ,and you're letting your kids play with the neighbourhood kids??

I’m not allowing anyone inside my house, adults or children, so as not to expose them to me.   I am allowing them to play outside with themselves, nowhere near me.  I’m also not letting them visit the vulnerable population.  IE: my parents, my wife’s grandparents, etc., in the case that they have been exposed and are carriers. 

If one of the families of the kids playing is vulnerable, they shouldn’t allow their kids outside to play.  As I know all of the parents, and we have talked, we are all comfortable with outdoor play. 

Am I putting my children at risk?  Not more than usual.  How many 8-13 year olds have gotten sick in a significant way?   With millions and millions affected there are almost no reports of children being any more symptomatic than a common cold.  

There are other diseases which they are exposed to at school normally that carry a much higher risk of significant illness. 

This  thread is not about C19 so if you want to discuss further either PM me or start a thread in the proper spot.  I will not discuss further in this thread.  

OK guys... Let's get some facts straight here. We have three different levals of laws in this country.

1. Federal: The only "law" that means anything from the feds is if you are returning to Canada from abroad, you need to isolate for 14 days.

2. Provincial: The only "law" is that there cannot be gatherings of more than 5 people. There is also the closure of public places because a) this is where people will gather, touch things and not sanitize afterwards and b) the regular staff should not be subjected to cleaning potentially "biohazardous" stuff.

3. Municipal: This is where everything they own is closed down. It's Haldimand-Norfolk who own all the public land around the dam in Dunnville. Complaining to Ford is not going to fix this.

It sucks that these public areas are closed but do you want to risk touching a handrail that may be infected? Do you want the job of going around all day long and cleaning all the things that people "may" touch that "may" be infected?

I agree with private boats launches being able to choose whether they are open or not, but for the health of public employees (who I actually have a disdain for) I would not want them to be working in dangerous situations like this when it really is unneccessary.

14 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Grocery stores yes, people have to eat.  People don’t need to fish- Having a fish fry here and there isn’t essential to feeding a family...sorry.  

My boat is parked. 

captain Hooksets yes fishing is not essential  [RECREATIONAL] i get that my boat is parked too.But how do you know that fishing is not essential to some people we have been locked down how long a month or longer i lost track people have lost the jobs before quarantine

and to this day are still waiting for relief .You are at more risk going to a grocery store and we should be thankful that some people do not want to add to the problem as long as they are fallowing the rules 

Ok i do not know what the charges were. All i wanted to do was let people know to be careful and make the right choice as i'm sure we are all getting tired of this and can't wait to move on from all this and i agree we have to take this serious

BE SAFE 

I'm doing the "distance"  thing as requested ...... 

Some people in the grocery stores can't read the signs or follow the arrows on the floor . Tell them they're going the wrong way and you get the blank stare .... I hope they don't drive ....   :dunno:

Archived