Recent Niagara River spring steelhead action (Video)

pop-vlado

17 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Nice chrome. Looks like you caught the water at a decent level. 

I was wondering what the levels were like. I drove by the falls yesterday and the flow was greater than I've seen in a while and I drive by there a lot. Further upriver at the control dam, all the gates were lowered and the water was flying through. This was at 6pm on May 4th.

2 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

the flow was greater than I've seen in a while

Let's hope the lake levels this year are under control  !! 

39 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Let's hope the lake levels this year are under control  !! 

I heard that because of the mild winter they were able to let a lot of water out of Lake O. It won't help Erie levels but it should help around your trailer Bill.

2 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

I heard that because of the mild winter they were able to let a lot of water out of Lake O. It won't help Erie levels but it should help around your trailer Bill.

The ramp at the trailer is best when the lake is a little on the high side Mark . Abrupt changes either way is a p.i.t.a. for the docks as they are pinned for water height .  I was thinking the high water at the River would make Lake Ont. water too high again .

4 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

lake o is around 2' lower now  then this time last year.

Archived