May 8th

After fighting the bad weather and one smart Tom he finally made a bad choice but must say he gave me a run for my money since opening day till today

any one else luck out this spring

B2D6B688-14EA-4A3E-9BBA-6705A96D4D18.jpeg

1 hour ago, gunner-2 said:

After fighting the bad weather and one smart Tom he finally made a bad choice but must say he gave me a run for my money since opening day till today

Image preview

any one else luck out this spring

Congrats on getting your bird Gunner! 

I've had birds just outta range twice now ..they stop coming towards the decoys at about 60-70 yrds ....I've shot about 6 Jake's in my life so il likely pass on the Jake's untill about the last week... congrats on getting your bird gunner!

1 minute ago, fishingking said:

I've had birds just outta range twice now ..they stop coming towards the decoys at about 60-70 yrds ....I've shot about 6 Jake's in my life so il likely pass on the Jake's untill about the last week

This bird was doing the same thing .I hunted the field and the bush staying out about 70 yrds so this morning i set up in the field called at him 3 times then put the call away but i must say i had the help of 3 real hens he just couldn't stop himself 

Wouldn't be the first time there's been a shooting because of 3 old hens 😯😂... thanks for sharing..I know this season must be particularly difficult for alot of you who love to hunt....been a while since I had wild Turkey that didn't come in a bottle...lol...can you say break out the fryer.. mmmmmm

15 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

Thanks Surf and Turf .Have you been out?

I took my son out for opening morning but haven't been back out since.  

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Photo added

nice bird gunner. Gotta start the kids out young. 

Thanks Tyler0420 yes i'm pounding it into him next month he will be going out with me to put trail cams out 

Way to out smart that Tom  Gunner ! 

I see two happy faces  there .....hope the little guy gets a slice of that turkey ! 

23 hours ago, smerchly said:

Way to out smart that Tom  Gunner ! 

I see two happy faces  there .....hope the little guy gets a slice of that turkey ! 

I didn't think it was going to happen so it put a bigger smile on my face thinking about getting my last tag and going after hi buddy not sure might leave him alone and let him finish with the hens .But there might be another bird around there and if so then for sure will try to fill my last tag 

Archived