Provincial and conservation parks open

Bass-turd

Just heard the news, I know it’s not much but it’s a step in the right direction. The provincial website has Ford encouraging recreational activities for day-use only for now, and he mentions, walking, hiking, biking and birdwatching, but doesn’t include fishing. I’m sure fishing would be included in those recreational activities, just doesn’t name every one of em. Anyways hopefully this is the first little light at the end of a long gruelling tunnel.

Thoughts?

Thanks BT  , I've been searching a few park websites but none said they are open , may have to drive there to check it out .  If they said bird watching is ok ,  I watch birds when I fish ....so I'll take my rods with me when I search .

From what I read it is only the amenities that are remaining close, so as long you bring your own chair and use a bush, I don't see any issue but I am not a politician just a guy with an opinion.

6 minutes ago, marth11 said:

From what I read it is only the amenities that are remaining close, so as long you bring your own chair and use a bush, I don't see any issue but I am not a politician just a guy with an opinion.

I heard about it briefly on the news, and it sounds like you're right........Washrooms will remain closed, for the time being.......................

That's not a "northern" Jack , looks more like a trout to me .......     😁

14 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

When the boat ramps open does that mean the washrooms will still be closed? I may need to find a new place to have a morning deuce when launching at crystal beach . 

When ya gotta go ....ya gotta go !   Have 5 gal.pail will travel .....or  the cool moss feels good after the deuce !   😇

Yes, need to be prepared to be self sufficient once things begin to open. Out of towners flocking to Niagara last weekend were evidently crapping in the Parks! 

Hopefully the launches open soon and common sense will prevail with enough of those using them,  that they will remain open. Same with shore access in parkland. It will only take a few bad apples to get the parks and launches shut down again.

Hopefully they will  also try to coordinate the opening of the ramps too so that it doesn't turn into a huge doo-doo show at a couple of local launches with everyone flocking to a newly opened lauch. If they were to suddenly open Crystal Beach and not Port Colborne etc. it would likely be a disaster.

We can't launch our boats to fish on Lakes Erie or Ontario but I personally have to admit there have been very few days so far this season that I would have wanted to. With the cold temperatures, the rain, the snow and the high winds on any somewhat nice day, I haven't missed too much. As I age, I also like a little comfort when out on the water.

15 minutes ago, Surf and Turf said:

Out of towners flocking to Niagara last weekend were evidently crapping in the Parks! 

You can’t fix stupid.

Turns out you cant quarantine it either!!

6 minutes ago, genec said:

You can’t fix stupid.

These people are the same low life bunch that think the world is their garbage bin .   Those caught crapping in our parks should be posted on face book ,  everyone has a camera these days .....

3 hours ago, genec said:

You can’t fix stupid.

I saw videos of people at Niagara Falls on the weekend as well.  Where I was,  I didn’t see a single soul, not a boat on the lake nor did I use a closed launch(personal property i own).  I was at my place of residence so I’ll assume this is ok.  

I have no idea when the parks in our area will be open (to anglers)  . The few that opened today are basic "keep moving" parks . I can appreciate closing off the play areas for kids ...(close contact) , But fishing from shore , canoe , etc . can easily be regulated to the 6' or 20' distance rule .  As it is now , some spots end up with more than enough anglers as  smart phones and traffic passer by's find new spots to fish .  Lets open up the parks and spread out the love ......  :Gonefishing:

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9984867-npca-reopens-some-trails-and-parks/

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

That's not a "northern" Jack , looks more like a trout to me .......     😁

When ya gotta go ....ya gotta go !   Have 5 gal.pail will travel .....or  the cool moss feels good after the deuce !   😇

poop.jpg

Now that is sheer luxury !   (for the ladies)  All the comforts of home ...love the T.P. dispenser !

I painted my 5 gal. pail camo .....out of sight to others looking for relief !

What is the small pail for ?  .....the white powder stuff to kill the fumes ?

2 hours ago, stkittsjigger said:

It's too bad Jordan conservation is still closed. Would be nice to launch yak there again. 

It shouldn't be a problem with allowing yaks and canoes to launch there . If it isn't high water levels , it's a bloody virus that keeps us from using the harbour !  Maybe they will open it soon for the "distance"  people .

You can launch at the lake beach or baileys bridge, both of these access points are open.  Been hiking Jordan valley with the kids from baileys bridge to king street twice a week with the family, lol.  Even fished there on opener and a week later for trout...

Anyone fish the pond adjacent to the trail at Jordan? Tried twice but not a touch...lol

39 minutes ago, steelshady said:

You can launch at the lake beach or baileys bridge, both of these access points are open.  Been hiking Jordan valley with the kids from baileys bridge to king street twice a week with the family, lol.  Even fished there on opener and a week later for trout...

Anyone fish the pond adjacent to the trail at Jordan? Tried twice but not a touch...lol

Parking at Bailey Bridge is blocked. Happened last week sometime. 

And no, the pond only seems to have gold fish.

24 minutes ago, мормышка said:

Parking at Bailey Bridge is blocked. Happened last week sometime. 

There's an example of a very low risk of passing on the c-19 to others . Compare that to the line ups at the beer store ... etc. ( No money for gov't. there). 

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

There's an example of a very low risk of passing on the c-19 to others . Compare that to the line ups at the beer store ... etc. ( No money for gov't. there). 

Jordan Valley at the bottom of hill where the diner and flea market is, parking was blocked same time as Bailey Bridge.

Archived