Pike thread, post your pics of local Niagara pike

knightfisher

Some of us guys and gals target pike, so lets see those pics.

Size does not matter. Always nice to see different markings
of these toothie critters.

DSCN4109.JPG

Here's the only ones I have for 2020 so far..an outing with smerch just before closure.....one had a nice bite mark in it...hoping to get out for some toothies soon now that some inland water are opened again

20200315_114425.jpg

20200315_144532.jpg

I got 3 that day... was nice to see all where different year classes of fish as well...and it's always rewarding to catch what you set out to target that day.

Nice...there is a pretty versatile pike fishery in and around niagara..never know when you get a big one as well...cant wait to try out a couple spots once the weather settles in to a consistent pattern

10 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

once the weather settles in to a consistent pattern

Great day today..... for ducks  JW  !!   The weather is as changeable as ....the weather !

I wonder if the "dock" is open for us anglers yet ?  Those dollar store pliers look familiar ......B)

Well I am now back in town and ready to get the pike this afternoon.  I will be starting at one of my usual haunts and going until it is either too cold, or hunger hits, or my speaker dies and I have no music.

3 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

.#*@#$^&%&*(&!!!!!!!!

You got that right Bubba !    I should have went fishing  today , but played in the back yard instead !  But ....being an old established retiree , I have plenty of time to choose when to 'head for the hills' ....like TOMORROW !   ....before the monsoon rains come to us this week !  Got the "new" reconditioned carp rod ready to invade the old "shallow" spot in the morning . :Gonefishing:

....forgot to add ....  The heavy rains expected will put a damper on some spots with heavy mucky runoff , so I'll switch tactics and do some lure tossing for those toothy ones ! 

The pike ... measured up around 27".

3cLPXqI.jpg

I have re redo the spinnerbait as it was a bad hook combined with the spinnerbait getting caught in the net ... it is a mess.  No pic of the fish on shore, as the goal was get it back into the water ASAP since the unhook tool a little longer.

Nice to get some action on your own bait design...good thing you might have a few spare parts kicking around to fix up the ones that get munched ..lol...and cool about keeping the pike thread going..I'm hoping to add a pic or 2 soon.

Today was a good day ... maybe a little too much sun.  Started just washing the lures, but then changed locations and had one that went for it but didn't get hooked.

An hour or two later and this bulldog hit.  It managed to make the net man bleed.

WW9H3EZ.jpg

I should add ... on one of my creations as well.