Sign in to follow this  
Tyler0420

What did you buy during lockdown?

If your like me you have an online addiction. Well that’s what my girlfriend said when 5 boxes showed up for me. 

bought a whole new carp outfit.

rodx2

reel

rod bag

landing mat

spomb

bivy

bed

net

and a couple smaller goodies :)

looking forward to getting out Hopefully all weekend. 

what did you buy?

Langing, Spomb, bivy?

sounds like your creating a new language here Tyler!
My iPad even kept trying to correct my spelling just trying to type those 3 words in!!

whatever the heck they are, ENJOY!!

As for me...new Federal turkey shells, a jake decoy,  and camo netting.

Edited by genec

"Bivy & bed"  ...looks like you got kicked out of the house  !  ....Quite a stash there Tyler !

I also bought some carp "ammo" during the lock down .  I splurged my income tax refund and bought FOUR cans of corn at Walmart for my carp capades  ....94 cents per can ...rip off !!  But I told my wife , it's worth it !! 

Trolling motor, battery, charger, rod holder, and I crafted a kayak dashboard to mount my finder and motor to, complete with measurements for all those fish that come aboard.  Ha. 

Also picked up a Penn Pursuit when it was on sale last week which I would use as a cheap saltwater travel reel (if they open the damn borders), because I don’t like using my Daiwa BG in the salt even though it could probably handle it.   

...oh and found some clearance Spiderwire Ultracast flurobraid which I grabbed in 10 and 15lb.  Sinks better than normal braid. 

So, not much really. 

Beer, beer and more beer.  Oh, also picked up a larger frabill fishing net, for those toothie critters, will also accommodate carp.   While out picking up the net I also got some more beer.

1 hour ago, genec said:

Langing, Spomb, bivy?

sounds like your creating a new language here Tyler!
My iPad even kept trying to correct my spelling just trying to type those 3 words in!!

whatever the heck they are, ENJOY!!

As for me...new Federal turkey shells, a jake decoy,  and camo netting.

Sorry a typo ,Landing mat: a mat to lay the fish on while taking the hook out/pictures. 
bivy-tent

spomb: holds bait, cast it out and it opens on impact.  Used to bait an area. 

A laptop, wife bought a new cell phone, and of course some fishing stuff for the grandson''''  I forgot the spotlights  for the back yard.............................😎

Nothing....lol..I'm a low tech non buying online person... I want to see hands on what I am buying no matter if it's a 1 dollar thing or a 1000 dollar thing..lol...now that some more places are opened upcoming purchase will be a new battery and exhaust clamp for the Harley ...minnow trap for the fishing..

3 hours ago, knightfisher said:

Beer, beer and more beer

I have ONE beer left  from the 24 I bought 2 months ago .....   you home tomorrow ?   🤓

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

Gardening stuff.

I can't order fishing gear without seeing in person. Unless its something I've already owned before, then I can order no problem.

I wish we had carp stores like the U.K.  I’d like to see what I buy first but that’s not always an option. 

American angler filet knife. Can't wait to try it in some lake erie Walter's!. And some paint . Ugh

10 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I wish we had carp stores like the U.K.  I’d like to see what I buy first but that’s not always an option. 

There are a lot of carp in Ontario ....don't know how far north they are now . I caught one in the Burnt river near Minden   back in the 60's .  Carp fishing seems to be catching one more each year so I expect to see more carp tackle as demand grows . I bought all my gear  , rod, reel , sling shot , alarm , scents , rigs, etc. locally .

Tyler ...my bivy  is a beach umbrella ....(cheap)   :)

7 hours ago, shoemaker said:

And some paint . Ugh

"Pain - t"  ....love watching it dry ! 

Outside of an assortment of stupidity for the kitchen ...

Spinnerbait supplies, which should be here tomorrow.  Not that I need more ... but I needed more.

19 minutes ago, Snags said:

Not that I need more ... but I needed more.

It's an addiction Snags ......    :P

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

"Pain - t"  ....love watching it dry ! 

Ah yeah!!!!...I love taking a fresh can of 2x rustoleum and watching it dry in a paper bag as I inhale it under a brigde🤯🤪😱

1 minute ago, Jwl1 said:

Ah yeah!!!!...I love taking a fresh can of 2x rustoleum and watching it dry in a paper bag as I inhale it under a brigde🤯🤪😱

OK, jwl, you need to grab a fishing rod NOW and go do some casting!!!

Bought a Nintendo Switch Console, wife plays Zelda,  I play Fortnite, helps pass the time. With our health problems we will be under isolation for a few months yet.

4 hours ago, fredfisher said:

I can show you what I DIDNT buy....

B05F5379-6512-4679-BB0E-B9BC5C736CA5.jpeg

Wow!50 bucks a kilo!! 

On 5/12/2020 at 5:44 PM, Tyler0420 said:

Sorry a typo ,Landing mat: a mat to lay the fish on while taking the hook out/pictures. 
bivy-tent

spomb: holds bait, cast it out and it opens on impact.  Used to bait an area. 

What do you do with a bivy? Sit inside and drink bevi? LOL. 

I bought a New 5" Canada fishing reels ( Umbra ) that I will receive this summer off the waiting list. I bought a Hardy salmon 2, spey reel, and a bunch more fly tying materials,  and I bought a Low Kilometer 2016 Toyota Tundra, ohhh and I bought my wife some ice cream.😝