Sign in to follow this  
smerchly

LOGS

Who keeps track (logs) on the weather and/or fishing results ?  My dad was one who kept track of the weather and activities on his calendars  for years & I still have some of them.

We and me have been seeing a dismal cool spring  which helped keep people "isolated" during these cold rainy days , but checking the "AccuWeather" today I see last spring at this time was even colder with highs all the past week at only about 6*C.  It seems to be following the same pattern as last spring ....then , sudden heat !  ....going from long johns to speedos overnight !

Looking ahead after lots of rain on the way tomorrow ,   I am looking forward to the warmer days ahead .

i don't keep logs but i should. maybe something to start this year. the weather is looking good ahead of us besides the rain. hopefully some parks will open.

I don't keep logs but I do mark a waypoint every time I catch a walleye. I have over ten years of walleye waypoints.

At our hunting camps we burned our logs ..... :smiley_campfire-1: , but I have plenty of 35mm pictures of our hunts . I should have dated them for reference !   Same with our fishing trips  from places like Opasatika  and Rufus Lake  where the fishing was so good !

I learned alot about fishing from doing that as a kid...used to keep a notebook on all my adventures...weather, water conditions..time of day...baits used...fish caught ect....it really helped me dial in on when and where to fish and what to target at all times of year

22 minutes ago, mrgadget said:

i keep a log on channel cats ,date,location,water temp,time spent&size of each fish.interesting how years are different.

I see some big channels caught lately , thought the water was still too cold for the prime bite but watched some videos that look very early after ice out or after the main spring runoff  and the cats were hungry !  The carp bite should pick up after we get a week of warm  temps. in the deeper spots . 

It's easy to check the dates  by looking at my picture files which show the camera date .As you said Mr.G.  ...  years are different .