Firearms Ban Gotten Ridiculous

genec

I just read an internet  article this morning from the Globe and Mail that said that my .22 rimfire semi-auto Mossberg 715T rifle is now a prohibited weapon!

A rimfire an assault weapon?? 
These bans have gotten totally ridiculous!

Papers like the Globe ,Star , etc are not to be taken seriously .....  fake news at it's finest ....

The T.O.Sun has writers that know the score on the fake gun laws ... 

I believe we went through this before and spent a couple billion for nothing .....

https://torontosun.com/news/national/lilley-unleashed-trudeaus-gun-ban-makes-zero-sense

31 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Papers like the Globe ,Star , etc are not to be taken seriously .....  fake news at it's finest ....

The T.O.Sun has writers that know the score on the fake gun laws ... 

I believe we went through this before and spent a couple billion for nothing .....

https://torontosun.com/news/national/lilley-unleashed-trudeaus-gun-ban-makes-zero-sense

did you watch the vid i put up genec is right there is even a ban for the 410 bird gun 

Yeah it's hard to comprehend their thinking but Trudeau's response might sound something like this.  There is no place in Canadian Society for "military grade" weapons that are designed to kill as many squirrels as possible as quickly as possible! Plus it's scary looking! 

9 minutes ago, мормышка said:

If the now prohibited firearm was a non-restricted and unregistered, then compliance is voluntary?

If caught using a prohibited weapon it doesn't matter what the prior classification was. Not worth the risk getting caught using it, best to store it away and hope that this nonsense gets repealed. 

Did anyone get there paper from the RCMP i did today .The problem is Bill Blair is Saying one thing but RCMP another every thing is a mess you can think you are okay but then you will get arrested for having a band gun your right Surf and Turf put them away and help with the fight because if we don't it only starts hear it starts with these guns then they will come after the rest they don't wan't anyone with guns

27 minutes ago, gunner-2 said:

Did anyone get there paper from the RCMP i did today .The problem is Bill Blair is Saying one thing but RCMP another every thing is a mess you can think you are okay but then you will get arrested for having a band gun your right Surf and Turf put them away and help with the fight because if we don't it only starts hear it starts with these guns then they will come after the rest they don't wan't anyone with guns

Your right gunner, If they were targeting any other group, changing the legalities of personal property on a whim without notifying them as to additional changes that caused them to be criminals, people would lose their minds, lawyers would be coming out of the woodwork talking about how unconstitutional it was and the Liberals would back off and slink away. It is definitely going to take a fight on our part to get them to back off on this. Hopefully they underestimated us! Jason Kenney out in Alberta is talking about taking legal action against the federal government, hopefully Trudeau follows suit on backing down to save the Canadian Tax Payers legal fees like his argument in handing over $10 million to Omar Khadr(doubt it). They aren't afraid to squander tax payers hard earned money for legal fees to fight veterans, or now Canadian gun owners but are willing to throw millions at a terrorist. 

4 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Wally is doing great ,cant keep the shelves full !  Knocking off the small guy "competition" may have been part of "the plan"  <_<

Serf-Mart and their video surveillance too (especially at self checkout). 

What blows my mind is that their auto centers have been shut down at all stores. No more oil, tire, battery service while you shop. They'll repurpose the current displaced employees within. (most likely buggy and head count duty) :wacko:

Ya it's off topic but you know thats the problem people need to talk every were you go people are being shut up we need to vent and its not that far off topic its all connected.Its crappy what they are doing to us gun owners and until this is settled or at leased we know how things are going to pan out there's not much more we can say .No disrespect genec all i can say is FIGHT   FIGHT   FIGHT

37 minutes ago, genec said:

Man, talk about sidetracking OFF TOPIC!!!

You are right .....so easy to get off topic when  we see what's happening to this country .....deleted my remarks ....lesson learned . I'll try to keep focused more  !   :Gonefishing:

.....spend wayyyyy to much time on my pute lately ....too much "self iso."    lol

....oops  !   :rolleyes:

The only ones i have trust in when it comes to our gun rights O'tool was alright   BUT i do not have any trust in him I watched Peter yesterday same channel even in the comments they were slamming Peter all they can say is DON'T TRUST HIM 

I am as angry as the rest of you. I have been a hunter and competition shooter, handguns, rifle and shotgun all my life, and I do not want to see my sport regulated anymore than it already is. However, at the risk of angering some of you, I feel that the firearms industry and publications have kind of shot themselves in the foot on this one. As a good friend always tells me, to keep business fresh you have to keep re-inventing the wheel. The .300 Win Mag is a perfect example, it's been around forever and you could not ask for a better all around cartridge for North American big game, but it is old, our grandfathers owned one. Hence the development of the .300 short mag. Almost no difference ballisticily but it's new, appeals to the younger shooters. These shooters for the most part were raised on video games and shoot em up movies. The gun manufactures realize this and hence the production and marketing of all these assault look alike firearms. You and I both know that operationally, magazine capacity, and power, these are no different from the average hunting rifle. My old Remington 742 semi-auto in 30.06 is far more powerful than most of these assault look a likes but it is not scary. To the general public these guns are very scary. My cousin, who owns a farm, once had a hunter ask if he could do a deer drive in his woodlot on the coming weekend. My cousin agreed but Sat morning 12 guys showed up in full combat gear carrying these assault type rifles. It threw my cousin for a loop, but he allowed the hunt and there were no problems but he said he would not do it again. He did not like the way they looked, both to him and his neighbors. I am a long time member of the Canadian Shooting Sports Association, they market a magazine called Calibre and from cover to cover it is full of this type of firearm. Some of the ads really get me, "For all your tactical needs shop so and so." I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have any tactical needs. I know there are many of you who will say I am throwing this firearm category under the bus because I don't own them or have an interest. I am not so naive to think this is not the tip of the iceberg. They will start here but what they really want is all our guns. All I am saying is that we are in the spotlight, the public does not know nor due they want to know any of the reasons. The government knows and they are using these firearms to fan public resentment against us, so why do we continue to wave the red flag at the bull?

You are much more informed about this than I am , even though I have hunted for over 50 years . Started out using a Cooey 20 gauge single , then a 12 gauge Remington  pump .  My first "moose" gun was an old  Lee Enfield 303 ...no scope , not accurate.... then finally , my last one was a used 30.06 Rem . pump with a short barrel with a small scope (for bush hunts).

As you said Verado , times have changed ....the younger people have their sharp shooting video games , paint ball clubs , and love the movies which are mostly "shoot 'em up , explosions , car chases, etc." ...couldn't pay me to watch them ....

I  believe the police aren't fond of realistic looking "assault" weapons or even pellet gun pistols that look like the real McCoy......but there's no problem selling them from Can.Tire , etc. They do look scary ! 

Believe it or not , my cuz. & I walked down Ontario St. and down Lakeport Rd. with our "breached" shot guns and shell belts to duck hunt at the lake .  Try that today !  lol   

I'm out of the hunt now ,  Trudeau is going too far ...it's obvious what his agenda is ......

Funny that guns are always the first to be blamed though. Rarely ever the shooter (unless there is that bias). Remember that guns have as much freewill as a stick of butter. Then again many Canadians are just willing to submit obediently (as seen in current situation) as they'd rather have somebody else do the thinking for them. 

You and I did the same things Smerch. My last year of high school in the late 60's was at St. Catharines Collegiate. There was a cadet group there who would bring their rifles every Friday morning and store them in their lockers until afternoon practice. Before we drove, my buddy and I would get on the city bus every Sat morning in the fall carrying our shotguns and as you say, the shell belts. We would ride downtown to the courthouse and there we would get a transfer to the bus out to Pelham. We would stand around the corner of King and James for 20 min or more waiting for the bus and no-one paid any attention to us. After several weeks, the bus driver said to me "that gun better be in a case the next time you get on my bus". Neither of us had cases at the time. Could you imagine that today?

We have a lot in common Verado .....I left grade 12 at the Collegiate 1959  ,  didn't see the cadet group then . Life was so much more relaxed then  . I got my first rabbit a mere 200 yds.  east from where I'm sitting right now ......shot at a pheasant ( c*ck bird) about the same distance on the west side .....  still have bunnies in my yard !  

When we got our first car , we made the lonnnnng haul to hunt jacks and grouse in the Smithville area . Most of our hunting grounds are  "off limits" now ....it's a chore to find places to hunt (legally) ....maybe one of the reasons more hunters now have rifles to hunt deer or moose these days . ....but getting a tag is difficult ....

We shared the best of the times verado ..... hunters today need to be vigilant to keep our traditions intact !  We will always cherish those memories !

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

they'd rather have somebody else do the thinking for them. 

....it's the  "weed"  Mopm....   you know ......"MEH" .........     :rolleyes:

Sorry to keep ranting but I am just so damn angry. When I read the extensive list of newly banned firearms, I have to admit I recognized very few of them. However, the top of the list was the Ruger Mini 14. This rifle is just an ordinary semi-auto hunting rifle, no extended magazine, no collapsible stock, no suppressor etc. but the Trudeau government has had a hard-on for this gun from the very start. The only reason being that this was the firearm used in the horrible massacre at the school in Montreal. This was merely throwing a bone to Wendy Cukier and the various gun control groups. As many of you may not know, the massacre was committed by Marc Lepine, whose real name was Gamil Rodrigue Liass Gharbi, the son of an Algerian immigrant with a horrible record of wife abuse and violence against women who never should have been allowed into this country in the first place. How come all these fear mongering Liberals forget to mention this and focus all their anger on the rifle instead?

That's it. I'm done on this topic, my blood pressure can't take it.

Archived