Catt fishing tonight.

Tyler0420

They are good eating , from clear water . I  bought catfish fillets from Tops years ago .  They were covered with a Cajun /bread crumb mix and very nice eating .  I hope you catch a bunch !  

Easy to clean too !    

....looking at carping tomorrow......    :Gonefishing:

Ya it works out good for me. I give him all the fish and I get cooked fish in return. 
I told the gf I was going carping in the morning when I got home. She wasn’t happy.....

Fished 10pm-4:30am. It was kinda slow but I managed 2catts and a carp and my buddy landed one Catt. All fish were 6-10lbs. No sheepheads which we normally catch. My buddy gave me some catfish sausages to try out. 

B9FF2592-3EC9-4C54-8D18-5C8D8142D4AC.jpeg

44FE0446-A738-4E18-9863-5766FD3F4811.jpeg

Nice going Ty ....good size kitties  !! Good eats !  Looks like you didn't need lights with that bright moon ! Is that a piece of glow tape on the rod tip ?  No alarm for those cats ? 

Catfish sausage ??  ...now that's interesting .....    😋

The moon was blinding all night long. No alarm, I didn’t bring all my stuff was trying to travel light.  The alarm was a screaming drag or look up and see the rod bent over. The glow light is just one of those glow sticks that clip onto the rod. I’ll let ya know how the sausages are. It’s a catfish/pork mix. 

Sometimes its,all in the adventure....and worth the trip for some fresh cold water fish...this sausages sound kind of interesting....may taste similar to jambalaya on a bun...lol

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, bigugli said:

fish cats under a float.

Ditto ......and using a 3 way rig either drifting  or anchored with various cat baits like chicken livers , live minnows , big gob of worms, shrimp , smelt  etc .  Big cats fight like carp but don't have the rocket fuel .....

3 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

For you experienced cat fishers, what rig do you guys use? I usually use pickerel rigs but thinking a bolt rig would be nicer. 

3-way   Only way 

12 hours ago, fredfisher said:

3-way   Only way 

A 3 way becomes a "bolt rig" when the weight is heavy enough .....  cat picks up bait on 2-3' lead , swims away with bait until  line drags weight ......hook 'set' ....and we have "lift off "    🚀                                                                   Fred....this method applies to shore fishing or while anchored . ....    :Gonefishing:

Archived