LEGEND Hydraulic Steering

Jeff

Traded a 2000 PRINCECRAFT 19ft 150hp with hydraulic steering for a 2019 LEGEND 18ft 115hp with hydraulic steering and the new one is MUCH harder to turn the wheel.  Is this a problem or a design feature?  Dealer checked it twice, fluid is topped up and they say it is fine.  Comments appreciated.

• 6 months later...

I have a 2014 19' Lund Tyee with a 200hp Mercury with hydraulic steering. Since day one, I have been very surprised at how much effort it takes to turn the wheel. Like you, I have mentioned it to the dealer several times but was told everything is fine and it is working like it should. My 9.9 pro kicker was purchased and installed at the same time. It is connected to the main motor for steering whether in use or not. I have never tried disconnecting it to see what difference that would make (I would think a lot). One day I will do that but over the years I have just got used to it. On the plus side, when running at speed on plane, I would not have to hold the wheel to keep it on course.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:11 PM, Jeff said:

Traded a 2000 PRINCECRAFT 19ft 150hp with hydraulic steering for a 2019 LEGEND 18ft 115hp with hydraulic steering and the new one is MUCH harder to turn the wheel.  Is this a problem or a design feature?  Dealer checked it twice, fluid is topped up and they say it is fine.  Comments appreciated.

Archived