ZzZz

DNorton

Not a fishing report sadly but just wondering if anyone’s having any luck lately ? I haven’t been out since my fishing charter mainly due to working long hours and the heat is a killer. Haven’t seen much action in this forum so was just wondering if anyone was having luck and just holding out on us all haha. 

also anyone try fishing carp in the 12 mile creek off Glendale? Was thinking of trying it this weekend, always drive past have never really walked the creek. Any info is appreciated. 

4 hours ago, DNorton said:

fishing carp in the 12 mile creek off Glendale?

I have had some good days at the 12 , better days when the water level was down  . I would pack up my mountain bike , park at the Glendale parking lot and bike over the walk bridge and ride downstream just passed the hydro lines  that cross the creek , about 50 meters,  which run  between McKay & Galbraith St off Pelham Rd.. There's a wide bend there and an open grassy spot to fish . I keep close the the bushes on the right side .....huge rock there where they hang about (may be under the water)  Some current there , I use a 1.5 oz. egg sinker there , did well with maize on the hair & also used oat/cream corn pack bait with puffed corn . They really put out a good brawl in the current ! 

It would be a 10 minute walk from the bridge .... watch for ticks , hopefully the heat cooked them !  

Also carp spots below the rapids at Welland Vale , some big cats as well ...

Think I'll be doing a few hrs at Rennie tomorrow before it gets too hot ....

On 6/25/2020 at 9:36 PM, Tyler0420 said:

I haven’t had too many carp days lately. I fished the harbor for 3 hours the other day and got skunked. After Saturday I’ll be back to carping

Welcome back to carping Tyler !   Good to spend some carp time with you ....hope your ears are ok !

The water at Rennie , coming from the 12 was murky & we got off to a slow start . I told Ty that they don't start biting until 11 a.m ....sooooo, at 11.01 my bells were ringing & after a feisty battle  a nice plump carp was landed . The bite was slower than usual but we managed to tangle with a few carp each . We had a laugh over Ty's instant carp after he landed a nice fat one he baited up , tossed out the line ....and before he had a chance to set the rod down a carp slammed it instantly as the bait hit bottom !  Most fish were 6-8 lb range and very scrappy for their size .....good to be carping again !

Tyler Carp.jpg

4C5FB5BA-5A79-42FA-88F9-2288047AC40D.jpeg

It was a great day smerch. Bites were slow but we stayed busy for a couple hours. The backs of my legs are burnt but it was nice to be carping again. Looking forward to the next adventure. 

That’s awesome guys! Good to see you guys got out and got some fish! I was hoping to get out tomorrow after work but the heat looks like I might be sitting on the couch again. For whatever reason the heat this year has been harder for me to do anything then years past. Weird. Oh well glad you guys got some fish! 

8 minutes ago, DNorton said:

That’s awesome guys! Good to see you guys got out and got some fish! I was hoping to get out tomorrow after work but the heat looks like I might be sitting on the couch again. For whatever reason the heat this year has been harder for me to do anything then years past. Weird.

When I hit 70 ish  the heat bothered me much more than the younger years ..... I need to be careful now as I had a spot of skin cancer removed from my beak and plugged with a piece of my ear ....

Most of us have a.c. at home ....the stores have it , cars have it , and we lose some of our tolerance to the heat ....going from 70F inside to 90F outside !   I have many carp spots to pick from but very few have a shade area to fish . I just mentioned to Tyler today that I haven't done an evening fish for a long time ....will have to try that soon !

Archived