Seadooidiots

smerchly

I see it everywhere .....why  are there so many people who drive these machines  IDIOTS  ??  

We need better laws for our waterways . There's not enough speed control where multi size vessels share the same waters .

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news/niagara-region/2020/06/25/safety-buoy-lines-coming.html

They have been a problem ever since the damn things were invented!

I remember many years ago on L.Erie, we were 1/2 mile offshore casting lures,  far away from any one else, and idiots would come roaring bye running over our lines!

1 hour ago, genec said:

idiots would come roaring bye running over our lines!

I'm sure many of us have had encounters with those jerks , while fishing from boats or from shore . I would gladly give up 150 yards of 20# braid if it would get into their props .....  :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, мормышка said:

Better to do something now before people get hurt or killed because of irresponsible operators.

I'd like to think "most" are responsible , it's always the idiots that spoil it for others . No law ...no responsibility ....

Most water craft do not have accurate speedometers ....maybe GPS is accurate ?

My 16' boat with the 50 hp 4 stroke might do 30 -40 mph ....don't really  know for sure .

I see some jet skis going across the bay at Quinte just going from A to B , like sleds on the ice .....going fast but sensibly .

The ones doing the loop de loops "think" they are impressing people ( if they only knew .......)    🙄

Common sense should apply to the speed your going. I would go by the height of your wake you trail behind. No other boats/open water, go faster. Channels/close to shore/increase water traffic, proceed with caution. 

Once you hold that boater's card, you are accepting and assuming all responsibility for operating your own craft.

The  big cruiser yachts put out huge wakes while the bass boats going 5 times faster put out no wake when the lake is calm . Anglers in small boats are cautious of the big cruiser wakes and also cautious of speeding water craft that may not see small boats trolling across marked channels, or in poor visibility conditions . So many vessels today ....it's a circus on H2O.

Yes, relatively speaking bigger boat, bigger wake,  but so does increasing speeds as in pushing more water per second.

Bass boats get up to plane because of power and lightweight and end up skimming water.

As when driving your car think of others affected by your actions. 

Those big cruisers at Quinte put out a nice wake at all speeds except idling speed .  Most seem to be going about 3/4 throttle as I do to save fuel .  We have plenty of time to turn our smaller boats into the wake .

....now , about those seadooers .......   they like bouncing over their own wakes while going "round & round & round..........."  🙄

This is the least of the worries for the region.  The city should really look into banning those awful dui-scooters that are more and more popular here.  No insurance needed.  Coming home tonight, watched one blow through a light that even a car would have been able to stop for.

Archived