Erie bass

Tommyboy

Hi all, 

looking for opinions. I want to go bassin on Erie tomorrow. Crystal beach is my usual spot but want to diversify. Port Maitland is closer and so would try it, but is it any good for bass, and if so, any advice would be great

thanks

tom

We tried once before, didn’t go well, but I think we’re going to try again, just not filets, maybe some fish dip or something. If we can find a good use for the meat it will be great cause we catch lots of them out there

• 11 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 5:39 PM, Tommyboy said:

We tried once before, didn’t go well, but I think we’re going to try again, just not filets, maybe some fish dip or something. If we can find a good use for the meat it will be great cause we catch lots of them out there

We knew a couple from Syria who loved to eat sheephead . They would grind up the meat ,add rice and spices ,then roll up the mix in grape leaves , pour a sauce over them and bake . They gave some to others who also enjoyed them

A couple of hours ago I saw Tom Chopin drive by our house towing his black bass boat ....haven't heard from him in a while . Some of you bass guys would have seen him on the water lately I'm sure.....  :Gonefishing: