Central Sakatchewan

bigugli

As a gift for my birthday, The family paid to fly me out to the prairies for a 10 day fishing trip. What a fantastic time with my family. Then there was the fishing. Never hit the water for more than 4-5 hours each day, yet we were catching 50-120 fish per session. The tactics were simple. Baitholders with leeches, and our worm harnesses tipped with worm, leech or minnow.  Minnow and ball jigs , with a sickle hook or casting jigs tipped with twisters or paddle tales.

The fish were insane. Walleye out there were fighters, not dead weight.  Pike were a lot thicker across the back as compared to pike in southern Ontario.

006.JPG

014.JPG

017.JPG

020.JPG

030.JPG

037.JPG

Wow !   Some nice looking fish Bruce , I'll bet they taste better than our local fish too .

You have been spoiled ......  fishing won't be the same here .....  I suspect you will be going back .....   :Gonefishing:

Glad you had a great trip with family and the great fishing is a nice bonus👍...I.have a spot similar to that 2 hours past thunder Bay....every drop to the bottom ...no more than 30 seconds before a strike...I've had 200 fish per person days there ... wishing I can retire up there ... hunting is awesome there aswell

!

We hunted / fished Arrow and Rose Lakes , west of Thunder Bay .....awesome !!

Go west young man ........

And Bruce.....welcome back to the heat ....I hear you had great weather  out there !

Awesome man...great birthday gift for sure....sounds like the fishing was fast and furious 

17 hours ago, smerchly said:

Go west young man ........

And Bruce.....welcome back to the heat ....I hear you had great weather  out there !

The days are warm to hot, but dry, and the nights are nice and cool. We had a fair amount of rain, but it was overnight into the morning,and done by 8. That left the rest of the day for fishing.  We did have one  bad day. Cold front and too windy to launch the boat, so we were onshore with only a handful caught.

What lake were you on?  I fished Tobin lake in Saskatchewan about 10 years ago.  Some of the largest pike I have ever caught.  Looks like you had an awesome time!  Great pics.  

Archived