FishGuy3754

Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots?

• Yes
    • No
    • I only clean after myself

33 minutes ago, knightfisher said:

I always check for fishing line, for the sake of my dogs and other animals, and move it out of the way. I'm not there to clean up someone's else 's mess.

:Gonefishing:

I have more concern and respect for the birds and animals ....including domestic animals than I have for the human entitled slobs that sadly , inhabit this planet .  The reg. book should note this issue with BOLD print !!  ( in 10 languages )

4 hours ago, toaster said:

Watched some kids throw all their fast food garbage out of their car window at port weller trail.  

I saw the same type of things a few years back at Beaverdams......................Made me sick to my stomach.........Hard to believe how ignorant some people are.......................

Only spot I clean is some Way Points on my GPS, used to catch fish in a spot years ago, but I learned fish swim.:D

I must have a hundred plus Perch spots at crystal beach that no fish are there.:D

I'm always in the boat and my garbage stays in the boat.👍

7 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

I'm always in the boat and my garbage stays in the boat.👍

Many shore spots are dump sites ....I wouldn't want to see the garbage that has been tossed in the water by the garbage people .

21 hours ago, smerchly said:

Many shore spots are dump sites ....I wouldn't want to see the garbage that has been tossed in the water by the garbage people .

You'd be surprised Smerch the stuff I've seen floating out in the lake, some of those Marks on my finder makes one wonder;;just garbage???

In the end Smerch, what do you think will happen when were gone????? SAD SAD

With all this crap going on now, I think we lived in the best time of life, Life we've had will never happen again. Shame.

I don't fish from shore often but will go out of my way if I see something floating in the lake. Last week it was a few of those large alphabet mylar balloons. O should have taken the time to figure out what it actually said but simply popped what was left and trashed it

On 7/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, Tyler0420 said:

good thing about carping is i don't have to sit and watch my rod so in the meantime i clean up some garbage if i have a bag with me if not ill toss some line or a few cups in my tackle bag. just last night i was fishing local i thought next time i come out ill clean up the shore lines, just maybe the fish gods will reward me.

Ditto Ty ....with the alarm set up I scan the ground for "gifts"  , and have found tackle . Mono line can be easily spotted in the sunshine as well as broken glass which I picked up on my last carp trip....also found a small set of pliers on the rocks . It's not always the anglers that toss trash at our shore spots . "Some" people with food & drinks believe they can toss their trash anywhere if there's not a garbage can handy . It isn't going to change so I would suggest the cities hire enough people to clean up trash like they did many years ago .   (nail & stick )  

Two stories in the Standard today ....St.Catharines  beaches closed to outside visitors (garbage , urinating, parking) .....Port Colborne beaches open because it's illegal stop anyone from using.....

?????  lol

Thanks for all the replies. I definitely make sure to grab the line cause of the animals. Too man videos of them all tied up or trapped in them. The only benefit of all the line left is that you can find lures, metal leaders (I don't normally use them), jig heads, etc...

I don't think this is going to change anytime soon unless they do impose further restricted or make some big changes. What we need is star trek tech, something pocket size or small box so we can turn the found line and garbage into new lures/baits. Like feed it old line and it will melt it down and turn it into new line. (no idea on quality of line though lol) That will make it more worth while and encourage more people to not toss old line.

6 hours ago, FishGuy3754 said:

Thanks for all the replies. I definitely make sure to grab the line cause of the animals. Too man videos of them all tied up or trapped in them. The only benefit of all the line left is that you can find lures, metal leaders (I don't normally use them), jig heads, etc...

I don't think this is going to change anytime soon unless they do impose further restricted or make some big changes. What we need is star trek tech, something pocket size or small box so we can turn the found line and garbage into new lures/baits. Like feed it old line and it will melt it down and turn it into new line. (no idea on quality of line though lol) That will make it more worth while and encourage more people to not toss old line.

you can take a big ball of mono line , melt it down & get a tea spoon of goo .  Yes , Star Trek tech would be nice....like a drone coming in and tasering the idiots who toss line ! 

Archived