SLOW Repair Service at Pt. C Marine

genec

Has anyone else had slow repair service at Pt. Colborne Marine?
Last year I lost my whole fishing season because, after I got my boat reassembled I had throttle problems, and they took 4 weeks to fix it, getting it back to me at 4:00 pm the day before my first cataract surgery.  So no use of the boat for the rest of the summer!

Now I am having the same slow service issue - I tried taking the boat out for the first time this year, and this is the first start since they “fixed” it last year, and the motor kept dying as soon as I tried to give it any gas.  They have had it 4 weeks so far again, calling with a repair estimate a week ago, but it’s still not fixed!

I’m really getting ticked off at the delay!!

If anyone has a recommendation for another GOOD marine repair shop In Niagara I’d really to know, as I certainly don’t want to ever go back there again!

I bought my boat from them in 07 and every problem that I have had with it they gave me a run around.They have very poor service after the sale. I won't even buy an oil  filter from them anymore.

I took a 40 hp Suzuki there for prop shaft bearings and when they installed the seals, they stacked them both in the same direction and the gear oil leaked out, the seals should have been installed back to back to keep water out and oil in. I had to order new parts from New Jersey and do the repair my self. Did not want them to touch my motor again................................Daniel

Was going to recommend Hartzel auto marine in Thorold. I personally haven’t ever dealt with them but I have friends that have with a great deal of success that and the turn around of boats going through there( I pass it everyday) seems like they move through it pretty quick. Might be worth a phone call   

I just had my boat motor repaired by Erie marine and small engine. Works out of his home on east side of canal in Port Colborne.  Had my boat fixed up in 4days. Was a much better experience then Port C marine. When port c marine did my impeller i got my boat back and my cavitation tab was missing and they tried to tell me i lost it. I hadn’t even left parking lot. Never again

Another vote for Bay City Marine(Hamilton), I'm in St.Catharines and won't take my business anywhere else.

Just got my boat back from Pt C Marine this afternoon...6 weeks to the day I took it to them!

Now I need to get out w my son some evening this week after he gets home from work to test it out before I try running far offshore for walleye.

I have never heard a good thing about PCM. I have heard many, many,  bad things. How they are still in business is a mystery to me.

Archived