Camping

Bubba14

Good evening all!

This summer so far has been a write off for me fishing wise. My son and I got out once on Lake Erie and that's pretty much it. Haven't targeted carp or nothing else! Went north a couple of weeks ago and never wetted a line.

The wife and I are going to get away at the end of August/first of September and we plan on really getting away...other side of Sudbury/Timmins/maybe even Thunder Bay. Gonna be dragging our 24 foot trailer, any suggestions? I've checked out White Lake Provincial Park, Ivanhoe Lake Provincial Park and Fushimi Provincial Park, does anyone have experience up that way?

Regards...

10 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

Haven't targeted carp or nothing else! Went north a couple of weeks ago and never wetted a line.

?????   What have you been doing with all your leisure time Scott ??  The fish  are there ,  and one needs to take "time outs" to reset the mind !  I have 27 years of retirement time in ....but still got plenty of fishing time in before that .....We need to talk !  B)

Congrats on your upcoming trip ....I have traveled to Thunder bay many times in the fall for our moose trips ...beautiful scenery along the lake front . We also  took the northern route via hwy 11  (less hills) to L.Nipigon , then on to Arrow Lake & Rose L ....fishing was always good ! The trip itself is something I'll always cherish .

Will you be fishing Scott ?  Maybe rent a boat or fish from shore ?  I don't know much about the parks since we camped in the bush  and grabbed a motel for one night each trip . In today's world we can get so much more info on line and comments from those who visited the parks . I hope the c-19 doesn't interfere with your plans ...our park at Deseronto only allows the regular trailer owners in now  .

Good luck on your search !

Further to my original post, we have decided to spend three nights at Kap-Kig-Iwan Provincial Park, nine nights at Fushimi Lake Provincial Park and three nights at Marten River Provincial Park. Again, anyone with experience in any of these areas, information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived