Pt. Colborne Marine Followup

genec

After the recommendations of people here,  I took my boat to Erie Marine to get fixed this morning.

The interesting part was he had someone just yesterday pull their boat out of Pt C’s yard and bring it to him!

Finally talked to the manager at Pt C Marine, and he said”I absolutely am not giving you any money back”.
His response was that they are too busy to water test to see if it was working, and that was my job!!  And they charge $120 per hour labour??

They have no water tank to do any testing.”..it would spray water all over!

How much trouble would it be to set up a tank outside with a tarp that you could pull over and around the motor to prevent splashing?
How can any marine repair shop NOT test to see if they have solved a motor problem?

So I spent $542 and waited 6 weeks to get a motor back that still dies after you put it in gear and try to accelerate!

I hope everyone on here spreads the word about how bad that place is!!

I'd leave a Google review. Most businesses are quick to respond to bad experiences from actual customers. In public view they can can either make amends or ignore. Point is,  your bad experience is valuable lesson for others.

This is why when I look up a business place (pizza, mechanic, etc) I always look at lowest rating. Sure, some are just trolls, but when you see consistent complaints about attitude, customer service, a certain worker, the service itself, its a good sign of what you can expect.

6 weeks and the boat wasn't fixed, and they charged you???!!!

Unbelievable.

Why do people continue to go there? Their reputation is terrible.

Outright fraud !  A good lawyer should get your money back , plus compensation for your trouble ....and all legal fees .

When I had a similar problem with my old 40 Merc , the 2 old timers at a shop near Belleville , ran the motor for 20 minutes in a barrel in both neutral and in gear . 

I purchased a new Lund from them and had nothing but trouble from the start. The trailer was messed up and was not setup properly. The boat was on a 12 foot Size boat trailer sticking way off the end. Then I put the boat in the water and my bilge would run constantly. Brought it back (2.5 hours each way) and they kept it for 3 weeks. When I picked it up they said they tightened the connection on the exterior of the boat. I guess that takes three weeks?? I asked if they tested it and they said no we don't t water test. So my mistake I took it home and put it in the water and it was still leaking. Brought it back and they said they checked all the connections for the live well and fixed it for sure. I asked if they could water test it and it was a flat out no. I launched it and sure as heck still leaking. A brand new Lund. So I contact Lund and surprise surprise no support from them at all. So I finally sold the boat, took a loss, but I can guarantee I will never do business with them again and sure as hell will never buy another Lund because of no support and allowing a dealership like this to sell their product.

My neighbor had problems also. He needed a bilge pump installed. He took the boat out of the marina and left it with them. I think it was a week. They installed it. He thought everything was good. Put his boat back in the marina. He gets a phone call from marina. We had alot of rain overnight. Goes to see his boat more then half full of water. Tries bilge pump and nothing. Pulls boat out again brings back to PC marine. Another week. He told everything is fine. Puts boat back in. Tries bilge seems to work. Tries fish finder it doesn't work anymore. Now he's looking for a new fish finder. I think he said he into them for around four hundred. He's going to erietracker for new fish finder and said he was not going to bring it to them to install and the worst part after a couple of days the bilge pump runs and runs but no water goes out. He's saying if I have to pull the boat out again. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Just wanted to add he's a very shaky older fella so doing the work himself is impossible. 

I told him about all the problems everyone is having.

I'll keep you all posted on what happens next

Shortys, if Erie Marine solves my problem I will keep you posted, and your neighbour can take his boat to him.
 My bulge pump was doing the same thing, and it turned out the problem was holes in the outlet hose from the pump - water was just being repumped  back into the boat.  Rather than tear out the back section of the boat to get at the old hose I just ran a new hose from the pump up to the back transom with a hose bracket on the top of the transom to discharge out the back of the boat - a cheap easy quick fix to the problem!

Man that sucks, I have no problem paying for a repair...but to get something back that your charged for and has not been resolved. What Marine shop does not have a test tank? A crappy one....thats who. Leave a google review as suggested. 

16 hours ago, deetch said:

It’s Lyrette (Mike). Great guy, worked for Nichols marine

Great guy and reasonable. I fished with him 25 years ago on scugog 

his prices are awesome

Archived