Moose draw results

corey

Well, how did everyone make out?

My (big) group that hunts in 54 got at least 1 bull tag which based on recent history Verado should fill for us this year. WMU 54 had the number of available tags drop by 60% this year over previous years. We were worried that we might not get one. Guess I will book my vacation now.

Good stuff Corey,

We pulled a Bull tag for 26. Did a happy dance for the wife and daughters and much to their delight will begin the daily moose call practice. I'm going to try to convince the wife to let my son come on this years trip which would be hist first but he's heading into grade 11 so likely won't let him miss the school.(Mom's are no fun!)  We go up for the opening week which is Saturday, September 19th. We will head up on the Thursday and come back the following Saturday or Sunday 26th or 27th. Oh boy, can't wait!

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Congrats on the tag. Does the whole group share the meat?

We do... we have a big group and have had 3 adults tags for the last few years. We gonna need a 6000 pound moose to fill freezers this year.

Congrats on the tags guys! Our group in 47, where tags increased from last year from 1 to 100 and we came up empty. 12 guys applied for antlerless tags and we received 3. I may save my week of moose for a week of late season deer bow hunting.

Archived