Glen on Sunday

Mbocco

I haven’t done as much river fishing as I’d like this summer.  I did get to the WP a couple times.  Caught some SMB and drum. 

In the morning however I’m going to hike the Glen and find me a spot to throw some crankbaits and such.  Mostly I want to scout a few spots for salmon this season. 

I am excited to get out.  Wish me luck.  I’ll probably get skunked though.  Always tricky at new spots on the river. 

11 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I’ll probably get skunked though.

:th_fudd:.........................................................    :skunk:

Never anticipate being skunked  .......    Fish  can feel those vibes ( braid line )......   ;)

I pulled in the Glen parking lot and realized I had to pay to park but didn’t bring a wallet.  So off to the WP I went.  The water level was crazy high.  A bunch of fisherman but never saw anyone catch a thing.  Plenty of carp surfacing but no bass today.  Can’t wait for salmon/trout season. 

Smerch is right.  I shouldn’t have said skunk.  I didn’t actually believe it but I said it.  Serves me right. 

2 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Plenty of carp surfacing

That caught my eye .... Some big carp to be had there Mbocco  and you would probably need 4 ounces of lead to keep a hold on bottom , and the fight in that current would be a good challenge to any carp fisherman .

Mr.Skunk got you today , but the crazy high water level is a challenge to all who fish there .

Yes.  Always do better when the level is lower it seems.  

on the bright side, I snagged some of the spaghetti bottom and up came a nice new flicker shad crankbait.  

score!

11 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I pulled in the Glen parking lot and realized I had to pay to park but didn’t bring a wallet.  So off to the WP I went.  The water level was crazy high.  A bunch of fisherman but never saw anyone catch a thing.  Plenty of carp surfacing but no bass today.  Can’t wait for salmon/trout season. 

Smerch is right.  I shouldn’t have said skunk.  I didn’t actually believe it but I said it.  Serves me right. 

Good thing about fishing is that there's always next time........................😎😎

Archived