well and river aquaducts

ci96

On 8/26/2020 at 8:38 PM, Surf and Turf said:

Used to go to the Aquaduct in Welland back in the late 80's great place. No walleye but lots of friendly girls.

That's great! Me too and you also got to go to time Square. Fishing there was always interesting?

I've heard people catching walleye there. Go in behind the court house on the island. Years ago my buddy would fish for musky down there. I lived on aqauduct st growing up and always fished both sides canal and river. Never got a Wally but always had fun. Just go to the end of the street.

11 minutes ago, shortys said:

I lived on aqauduct st

Did you know Paul Swords who lived at 66 Aquaduct St.  ? ....worked with him at GM ...real nice guy (rip)

I have fished to Welland R. for cats , crappies , and carp mainly , and caught the odd walleye ,pike and bass also...a great variety of fish species in there ...

8 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Did you know Paul Swords who lived at 66 Aquaduct St.  ? ....worked with him at GM ...real nice guy (rip)

I have fished to Welland R. for cats , crappies , and carp mainly , and caught the odd walleye ,pike and bass also...a great variety of fish species in there ...

Name sounds familiar. Did he have kids? I must know the family. I lived at 102 aqauduct st. I had a friend that could have been his neighbor. Their last name was Jones. They had a pool out back. With the even house numbers he must have lived with the canal in his backyard. He also must have known Mr learn I think that's how you spell his name.

I had the best of times fishing there and swimming. I remember pulling up a small bass out of the canal at the wall and a big ass musky gulping it down. I had to walk all the way around the wall down the bank to the water to get that monster off line. I had no net. I think I was 12 or 13. Thing scared me it was big and it was my first time catching one.

Not sure about kids ....last time I saw him was in 92 when I retired ....

You never know what lurks in the channels of that canal ........    👾

On 8/27/2020 at 1:11 AM, Captain Hooksets said:

61.2181° N, 149.9003° W . These coordinates will take you straight there. Very short drive for you and great fishing . Good luck 

Sending the guy to Russia????

On 8/30/2020 at 8:49 PM, Dax said:

This is more of a boat-duct, but it is off the Welland River...

20200720_061332.jpg

Thats a great spot to fish.  Me and my brother call it "The spot", and make a habit of not telling anyone new where it is

Archived