Swill

rick

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im content either way especially with the price hooters is willing to give us ... plus we get salad!

who am i kidding ...

jeets and i will fight over the last wing long before we touch the salad

Keep the icefishing swill at hooters, probably no ladies going to that one (except sticky). The ladies seemed to have a good time at the lizard. We don't want to alienate them. Raising money for kids at a bar is one thing, but hooters is something else. We might as well hold it at the sundowner. I have nothing against hooters, I tried to open one in St. Catharines 8 or 9 years ago, they told me they had no rights in this area.

Hey Dr: I think we can do real well at Hooters. The point is raising money for displaced children and families for FACS. Hooters is on board and local paper could be out. Good for NFN and FACS. Something different. Up to Rick and Rick to decide. Scottydog

PS: who wants to taxi it to and from the Falls? I'm not driving that night. Meet at Duffs and grab a cab.

33859[/snapback]

I ab neber sem adywod dwunk ata swill.

sowwy I av a code.

Dont dwink ad dwive.

Guest fishstick

Okay, enough is enough......before this turns ugly over a stupid debate.

There is no reason why there can't be a swill at Hooters FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO COME, and a swill for those WHO DON'T WANT TO ATTEND.

No, I'm not being a prick, just laying it out simply that there is room for 2 swills, Scottydog is setting up 1, and Rick and I will set up the other at the Lizard.

All proceeds will go to FACS.

If you want to attend, fine. If you don't, then don't, and stop the damn bickering. We're not children here. Everyone has their reasoning choice of opinion and beliefs. It doesn't make you right and me wrong, or visa versa. There's no need for it.

Fine......1 swill at Hooters the other at the Lizard. Now let it go before someone says something stupid already...... I'm tired of this nonsense. And no, I'm not joking around for once.

The ice swill.... I have no problem with. The members swill should be more family oriented. I don't remember anyone saying .....yes, let's definitely have it at hooters. If I missread all these posts, I'm truly sorry. Do you really think much talk about the ice trip will be acomplished with this many people in one small room?

Guest fishstick
The ice swill.... I have no problem with. The members swill should be more family oriented. I don't remember anyone saying .....yes, let's definitely have it at hooters. If I missread all these posts, I'm truly sorry. Do you really think much talk about the ice trip will be acomplished with this many people in one small room?

33909[/snapback]

Agreed Doc. Then again, when's the last time you saw a youngster at a swill? Not many parents I know take their kids to a bar at night. Not being sarcastic, just making a point.

I apologize if I ranted to everyone, but at least a small group were trying to get together to raise money for an organization. I don't think anyone going on the ice trip would've cared if we discussed the ice trip or not. Everyone seemed to agree about the issue until a few posters seemed to oppose it, then, if I'm not mistaken, you could see the posts turn from replying to defending what they thought. A bad scenerio for a thread to turn ugly.

Just my opinion. And yes, it is my own. I never assume to speak for anyone, but you could see it coming.

From now on, I'll close my eyes.

Would anyone have any objections to having a swill at the Lizard a week before on the 3rd? Then whoever wants to go for a beer or wings at Hooters on the 10th with the ice fishing guys can join them and have a get-together there as well. I'm just recieving several PM's with different concerns about the Hooters location for the main swill, especially about the smoking room part.

Guest fishstick

Last post for the night, and then you can all thrash me until I login again.

Family oriented doesn't neccessarily include kids coming out. Point taken.

But please, don't try to make it out like we have some sort of ethics code here when it comes to a swill.

If you want it to be family oriented, then have it at a mini-putt or Kahunaville in the Pen Centre where "all" family members can attend.

A bar is a bar.

Nobody has a gun to anyones head, if you don't want to go.....don't.

There "will" be a swill at the Lizard for those who don't want to attend Hooters. Rick and I are working on it. Probably the next weekend, but what the hell......this gives us a chance to raise money twice for the same cause. I see no harm in that.

Guest fishstick

Okay......that was the second last post, this is the last.....honest!

Sorry.....the previous week to Hooters will be the NFN swill as I gather from the post above.. I was wrong, and as usual Rick is 3 steps ahead.

I was too busy typing in my rant....... :mellow::lol::blahblah1:

Thanx for the note Rick. I think either most are vomiting at my replies, or have long turned off the PC.......

Guest fishstick
Actually after rechecking my calendar I was busy on the tenth anyway. I'm good for the Lizard on the 3rd. Count me in for a couple of hours.

33923[/snapback]

See.....it's all good!

Now what was all the fuss about?

:mellow::lol::blahblah1:

how soon we forget the hot waitress we had at the Lizard last time... shame shame... the Lizard has been good to us so far, why stray lol

was just going to mention that spanky, the girl behind the bar at the Lizard at the last swill was smokin'

Tim

I'm a conditional in for this one. I'll let you know.

Guest Jeetmuck

I'm flexible with wherever it is decided that it is going to be held. Like IBC mentioned, if there's wings and salad (for looks, not for eating) I will be there.

Wow guys ! I can agree with both sides hear. I can understand the debate between both establishments. Some people feeling a little un easy about the smoking,and the scantilly clad waitress's . But as a respected member of FACs i would think that less of a bar seen would be better especially if we are dealing with FACs . I know that the Lizard is a bar but the more private room might be better . I have not been in the private room at Hooters . But i am willing to come out for the 10th. or the 3rd or even both. as for calling a paper to take picture. I would rather have both Rick's and myself present the money at the head office . I would like to keep this alittle respectful and tasteful. That's only my to cents guys. I enjoy going to the swills lets not ruin them by having these sensless disagreements. Let's just keep this real and lets not turn into like some of them other boards.

I don't see how hooters can get compared to the sundowner, how long has it been since you guys been to a Strip club? I think hooters is just a tad more tasteful lol. Don't matter to me I will be at the Ice Meeting for sure, you guys can decide if theres another swill. I think the big confusion is everybody gettin mixed up with the 2 diffrent swills, its all guys going ice fishing so I thought hooters was a good call. Maybe we could have a big swill more towards Christmas for the family?

Archived