First swill of 2006 - Saturday Feruary 25th

Guest fishstick

When should the 1st swill of 2006 be?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. When should the 1st swill of 2006 be?

• January
    • Ferbruary
    • March
    • April
    • I could care less
    • Only if Stalin shows
    • Only if Doc wears his thong
    • Only if Sirfishalot drinks me under the table
    • Only if we raise $1000
    • Only if the Leafs win the Cup...lol
    • Only if Fishstick posts more about fishing
    • All fun put aside....I'll post my answer

Guest fishstick

Saturday Feruary 25th....7pm at the Lazy Lizard.

Please only answer this once. Too many posts get confusing, and just wind up adding to your total posts anyways....Tommy, IBC.... :)

Any ideas for a charity?

Edited by IBC

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fishstick
Why only once

39658[/snapback]

Ijust thought so we could get this done asap. You know how sometimes a topic can go waaaay off topic with a reply. Just trying to keep it straight foward without too many distractions.

Too many distractions causes a topic to slide down the post list real fast.

I thought keeping it to the point would simplify the matter at hand.

:)

Guest fishstick
I voted for when Doc wears his thong thingy  - BTW- just a question - is there a new month - "Ferbuary" On second thought - how about  "Ferbuary"   .  :)  :)

39657[/snapback]

I apologize....I was using Robbie Macs' spellcheck.... :lol:

F*$*uary

Better?

:P

Guest fishstick

Feb u ar ee

Feb u air y

Febb yoo ar ee

Okay, see what I mean about it getting off topic..... :)

BAD Mrs Finigan....BAD smerch.... :)

I'm done for the night....

Zzzzzzz.......

Goodnight all.

:lol:

Guest BrownBomber

As a newbie I would like to get out and meet some of ythe experienced fishermen out there. Hopefully the date will agree with my school schedule...but no thongs on men, I don't want to see any dude-ity!!

Guest fishstick

Of course I'm bored cliff....I'm married.... :lol:

Now, you may not like what I am about to post, but I stand by my post and will not change my views.

On the donation towards a certain group that helps animals....NO.

Why?

Last summer, they sent 2 girls down to Louisiana to rescue 5-6 dogs. When it was announced, there was an outpour of monetary donations towards this cause, in upwards of the thousands. One donation was of $2000 by 1 person.

Now my point.

This was nothing but a scheme to make them look good, and right from the horses mouth, it didn't matter whether the animals were adopted or not. If they weren't, they would've been euthanized.

How do I know this? The gentleman who set it all up, was having the HS truck fitted with new tires etc before the trip....and decided to tell the wrong person about this.

So, in short....I perosnally will not ever donate a dime to them.

Btw....there was a story about them going down in the paper, but I never read one about the animals they brought back being adopted.

Sorry folks, anyone but them.

I say March or April and vote no for Humane Society. The price they charge for animals to adopt is insane and if the animal don't get adopted in 30 days or whatever they end up paying more to use a needle and kill it. Don't make sense why not let them go to good homes for free instead of wasting more resources on drugs and a needle. Sorry for the rant but Humane Society aint my favorite place.

Don't they have any fishing things we can raise money towards, Or maybe even Big Brother this time instead of FACS, could make a deal if we raise the money they take the kids fishing or we could. With all this PETA stuff goin on seems like we should worry about our sport.

I agree Awol. Big brother is a good orginiaztion. My son was on the waiting list for two years till he took himself off, "thought there were more need boys than himself" They were great. With the day camps, bowing, going to so many activities. Even though my cherub didn't have a big brother assigned. They had volunteers to assist in all the activities.

MY VOTE BIG BROTHERS

I like the idea of doing something for big brothers and sisters. I'm wondering if we could raise some money for the spring to have a day of fishing for them at Sherkston next spring. With money raised we could have a barbeque and get some prizes. We might be able to have a couple swills before then to raise money for this. Just my two thoughts. I'm sure Gordon at Sherkston would accomodate our needs if we asked. Might be fun for everybody. Good fishing. Scottydog

:D I kind of agree with :rolleyes::o mouth about humane society I agree with the $$$$ going to someone that could use the $$$$. Whats wrong with sending a few kids to camp, You also have the kids day in port, catfish derby,50point kids day I think there is a lot of things we could donate to,no hurry yet.Catfish :blink: Fanggo: what is a cherub, Catfish

Archived