First swill of 2006 - Saturday Feruary 25th

Guest fishstick

When should the 1st swill of 2006 be?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. When should the 1st swill of 2006 be?

• January
    • Ferbruary
    • March
    • April
    • I could care less
    • Only if Stalin shows
    • Only if Doc wears his thong
    • Only if Sirfishalot drinks me under the table
    • Only if we raise $1000
    • Only if the Leafs win the Cup...lol
    • Only if Fishstick posts more about fishing
    • All fun put aside....I'll post my answer

Guest Classicfishing

I have to agree with both of you. i think this would be a good time for the members that are going to try and bring a few people out each to introduce them to this great site and members. the advertising money could go right into the donation fund and everyone should still be able to meet the core members with new faces to enjoy the swill and still raise money for charity. Just my 2 cents. :worthy:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to join in on a swill, ecspecially to help out a great cause and have some fun, but meeting whole slew of people at one time is not my cup of tea. :Gonefishing:

Guest fishstick
I would love to join in on a swill,  ecspecially to help out a great cause and have some fun, but meeting whole slew of people at one time is not my cup of tea.    :Gonefishing:

40367[/snapback]

Don't sweat it Frop, I was in the same boat. Uneasy.. I went out to my 1st one, stood at the bar wondering whether I should go through with it or not, took a deep breath, and walked in. People looked at me, I put my hand up and said, "Fishstick".

If I had've known it was going to be that easy, I would've had no fears.

The rest my friend, is history.

No need to be nervous, as Tommy said, show up 1/2 hour early, I'll be there, and then you can meet 'n' greet one at a time as they come in. I know, a crowd can be overwhelming sometimes. Besides, I usually carry the most luck, so you'll be wanting to sit beside me when it's time to draw the prizes.

Just ask Sirfishalot.... :lol:

Nice to see you back on again.

fanggo....my reason for wanting to advertise is simple, as scottydog put it. We have 747 members, but if you click on the members list and see how many posts they have and when they joined, you'll realize that we really don't have that many. I'm just trying to make the site a little bigger, so the swills will eventually have to be moved to a banquet hall.

Hey, nothing is impossible, it just depends on how much you want it.

Classicfishing....I couldn't have said it better myself.

747 registered aren't actual members. I'd say 100 member board diehards is a realistic expectation to any outing or forum participation. The others either lurk or lose interest.

40325[/snapback]

Fishstick that was a quote from tommy.

Did want to say that I thought your efforts and thoughts to Frop was a nice gesture. And frop I will agree with fishstick that it is difficult to walk in the door. But you will find nothing but good natured, nice, caring people there. I too will be there 1/2 hour before to introduce myself to you and sit beside fishstick. Just so I can get lucky. :blink:

Guest boston
I would love to join in on a swill,  ecspecially to help out a great cause and have some fun, but meeting whole slew of people at one time is not my cup of tea.    :blush:

40367[/snapback]

Hey Frop, I went to the last one and not knowing anyone, your quite right it is very intimidating :blink: , Thankfully I recognized a few guys from there pictures, :blink: We have met before, I actually expected to see you at the last one, as we spoke about it before, I had a few POP's to take the edge off before I got there but I really had a great time and met allot nice people. I am now looking forward to the next one. ;) come on out and bring the wife, she'll have a good time as well. cheers boston.

No need to be nervous, as Tommy said, show up 1/2 hour early, I'll be there, and then you can meet 'n' greet one at a time as they come in. I know, a crowd can be overwhelming sometimes. Besides, I usually carry the most luck, so you'll be wanting to sit beside me when it's time to draw the prizes.

Just ask Sirfishalot.... :blink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Fanggo that's my seat. :blink: I guess we can squeeze you in between us

Frop(Frank), fishsticky was shy for about.....oh I don't know....2 seconds. We were all there once. Same thing ,I just got there early and let everyone after me be the new guy,it was that simple.

Come on out to the next one.If I am coming in form Welland I'll ride with you...Thom

Guest boston

Hey Sticky, Just a reminder that if the swill is in Feb(by majority vote), There are a few of us that will be in Nippissing on the weekend of the 3rd. I wouldn't want to miss a swill, due to a fishing trip, :):dunno: , boston

Guest fishstick

Nah Boston....the majority wants it in Feb, with March coming in a close 2nd, so the best that I can do is make it for the last Sat in Feb.

This way everyone at least has a chance to make it.

Alrighty then.

When a date is scheduled that I shall let you's know for sure :dunno::blink:

You guys can change my vote to Feb cosidering I am the lone voter who voted "Only if the Leaf's win the cup".. :dunno::lol: ....I would have voted for March but I have plans on going to Tennesee in March for a Na$crap race, and plus it's to close to racing season and my weekends after Febuary are pretty much booked up solid with our race cars.

Guest boston
Nah Boston....the majority wants it in Feb, with March coming in a close 2nd, so the best that I can do is make it for the last Sat in Feb.

This way everyone at least has a chance to make it.

40612[/snapback]

KEWL, :dunno: ,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fishstick

It's in the books....

Saturday Feruary 25th....7pm at the Lazy Lizard.

The owner wasn't in, but the girl knows who we are, and the owner will call me tomorrow with a price per person for wings and pizza....and maybe another surprise....

Just in case people thought I forgot.

Not this time.... :huh:

Make a list, I'll be checking twice, I'm gonna find out who's naughty and.... :D

I'll update the list every 4 days, so if you really don't think you can make it, save the space.

Thanx all.

Guest fishstick

Isn't that National Buy Your Moderators A Drink Day?

OMG Doc....yer right!

Was it a Shirley Temple, Sloe Gin Fizz, Fuzzy Navel (and not McIntosh's) or a Strawberry Daquiri?

:D

Make a list, I'll be checking twice, I'm gonna find out who's naughty and.... :rolleyes:

I'll update the list every 4 days, so if you really don't think you can make it, save the space.

Is that the list of who's naughty & nice??? :lol:;)

Archived