Simcoe Feb. 17, 18 or 19th.

Guest fishstick

Hey Guys: Just talked with Sly( Shane). If some guys want a Laker and Whitie mission. He will hook us up. He is willing to move around. Brian has great huts for perch. Jumbo's are being caught. Between these two guys I'm sure we will get fish. Good fishing. Scottydog

:P

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fishstick

just dont forget yr digi cams!

I don't own one, but I will take the 8mm vid....

I will take the cam, but I will have to do the download at WallyMart to disc, and then load them up after a few days.... :P

Hey....I'm limited....but not in the babbling department.... ;)

I plan to go up again in a few weeks, but I also want to take my son with me. His first time, so it should be a blast.

Maybe the wife too.... :P

:P

Hey Dan: You will enjoy this trip. Will be nice for your next trip with family. Brian and Shane will help you out. They are both out to put you on fish and have a good time. Kids will love it. Good fishing. Scottydog :P

The coolest Thing Is Seeing the Fish right there . The Perch huts are fun for sure .. With the Odd Pike running thru when there's no perch jig a SPOON..Hell Jig a spoon all the time...And Ya Guys We Have Huts Going out each day ..We Have them being Fished and Cameras under water If there's nothing in a couple hours "lets' Move it.. ..IT's Gonna be a busy week and we're gonna enjoy the Weekend...We'll have the Tonka Truck to Mobilize in ........ Lake Simcoe Is not so big..

First things First

You guys will need a small Williams whitefish lure... the Half and half or the Blue ye WILL BRIBG THEM in....then the slaughter begins.. it a great bay..I catch all my Keepers on the Williams NOT MINNOWS..

Thanx for the note Sly, much appreciated. It'll save me spending excess amounts on stuff I won't need.... :Gonefishing:
:lol::D Hey Fishsick Don't forget the HOW TO CATCH BOOK by YE-OLD CATFISH and the spongebob pole and the depends :P

Guest Jeetmuck

I am still in. Let's get some fish. Since this is definitely a day trip, what are the driving arrangements going to be? I can drive if a couple of guys want to leave their vehicles at my place. Not too far of a drive off the QEW in Hamilton, since we are only bringing rods and tackle, I can squeeze two in my Jeep.

If you just want to meet Scotty, I believe the Husky is past the road we need to take off the 400. We need to exit at 31/9 in Vaughn, the Husky is past that in Bradford. The best route would probably be after the 400, exit East 31 (which is Davis Rd.) to Hwy 8 (Woodbine) north follow until you hit the lake, then 78 (Metro Rd.), east right into Jackson's point. I don't know what is around that area for breakfast but I am positive we will run into something.

Guest Jeetmuck

That's the way I like to take but Scotty had mentioned that he wanted to meet on the 400.

I usually go, 401 to 404, north on 404 to 31 east, then 48 north right in, but you have to do a little zig zagging when you hit the 9.

Yup Up the 404 to GREEN LANE ...East to Woodbine (the first light) ...Left turn .. north thru Keswick past the BIG CORNER over the HILL past the Police Station to the Stop Sign...Dalton Rd Sutton West..Turn North (left) thru two lights then at the Second Stop Sign YOUR IN JACKSON's PT... Left turn to SMOKEY's Bait and Custom Tackle.......

Hey Boys: I believe Gene and Shane have the quickest route. Gene we can meet you at your place around 5:00am. I will meet Fishstick, Boston and Aworj at prudommes around 4:30am. Dump a vehicle at your place and you lead the way with the jeep. We could eat where we ate last time Gene if we get to Sutton early enough. Thanks Shane for the heads up on the Williams. Looking forward to a day of good fishing and friendship. Anybody else is welcome. Send a pm. Get back to me. Good fishing. Scottydog

:blahblah1:

Now that's a plan written in stone. :blahblah1:

Randy, that puts you at my place around 4, that's am buddy. wifey's gonna kill yah. :P

Scotty, you gonna set your alarm this time or should I just meet you at timmy's an hour late. :lol:

fishy, you need a ride up to prudhomme's that morning? :dunno: leave your "dodge" at home? your call.

Guest fishstick

Anything is fine with me. I live at Bunting and Parnell area, so if it's not out of your way....or I could just park at Jeets place?

I just don't wanna leave the keys with the wife.... :blahblah1:

Guest Jeetmuck

Good, I will see you fellas at my place at 5 and go. That should put us there by 6:30 a.m., grab some grub in Jackson's point, that fishermen's breakfast is sounding pretty good and the sausages are awesome. Then hit Smokey's for some minnows.

Guest fishstick

Im ready to go, on the road in another 12 hours! Looks like its gonna be a cold one, will be nice to have warm huts.

The adrenalin has kicked in already....not sure if I'll even sleep tonight.... :)

Anyone bringing refreshments? Or is it "iffy" on Simcoe? What about munchables? I know we can order pizza 'n' wings, but I'm picky when it comes to that. I have my favourites.... :blink:

Just thought I'd ask, because they're predicting a -26 to -29 winchill factor for tomorrow, and once on the ice, I'm not leaving until it's time to go.

:D

Scottydog has been calling me from work. Was concerned about the weather, the closed roads, the wind. Didn't think that it would be a good day to go tomorrow, but doesn't want to let anyone down.

He asked me to post for him. He will be there at 4:30 am.

Guess you guys understand all of this.

Hope you don't spend 6 hours in the snow and wind getting there, and all works out well. I'm sure it will.

Happy :) and good luck.

Ingrid

Archived