Port Dalhousie

Guest Rockfish

Guest Rockfish

Just a Pike that I caught yesterday, sorry about the bad clarity of the pics, was taken on a 35mm camera and can't reveal the secret location, lol, but it was at Port D. The Pike was clean, the spots on it's back are just from the camera flash......

Portpike.jpg

Small chunky Brown I got back in January.

Portbrown.jpg

Guest Rockfish

That one didn't battle too much and hardly pulled any drag, must be the cold water, lol.

One thing I was wondering is where the boundary of Division #3 and #8 is at Port D. since Pike are closed in Lake Ontario as of March 31 to May 6.

If u are Trout fishing (Rainbow and Brown) in Port there is a year round open season, as stated in the regs.....

Twelve Mile Creek - City of St. Catharines between Lakeport Road (at the dam) and Lake Ontario, Division #3.

It would be nice to see an MNR quote, and NO that Pike spot wasn't discussed. :lol:

was that not cleared up at one of the game n fish meetings?

natural shoreline would be beach to beach, so the whole marina (where the boat restaurant is) would be division 8 (lake O)

Guest Rockfish

Hmm, natural shoreline so that would be the sand on the West side directly across from the Port D. Yacht club, so where the piers narrow, no Walleye keeping Feb. 28 to May 6 being Div. #8 (Lake Ontario). And the East side must be a bit further up at the beginning of the furthest East break wall or to the back of the fenced in Boats. So the North marina included (unnatural shoreline) must be Division #8.

Hey Jerry didn't know for sure either Tommy, as of the conversation on the Pond during the ice fishing. I had to leave because of u guys arguing about it and the map drawing on the ice, ........ :lol:

Oh yeah, No walking the piers on either side for Walleyes until May 6. Can u see that ok....... :lol:

Yes Tommy, we know the Pike off rules, measuring tape, NFN logo ect., yes we found out there was a heat wave in 1200 AD, now that u told us and we also know alcohol impairs your overall judgement....... :rolleyes:

Guest Rockfish

Ya Tommy, so I didn't read the previous posts on the Divisions, in Kato's Payback report. Like I said I don't read all the threads, so don't get your hair all in a twist, it's alot shorter walk from there in St. Catharines than it is from Hamilton, lol. :rolleyes:

Im guessing that pike was caught in the channel closer to the waterfall.

Just because of the light colours on the fish.

Might be wrong though.

Rockfish please message me if im close to correct. A simple YES/NO. I dont need to know any details.

thanks.

Guest Rockfish

Nope, there's no secret that there's the odd Pike in the Northeast marina at the Lake and it's open for Pike until March 31. I've heard that perch and other panfish are caught there through the ice.

Was still some ice in there close to shore, but probably gone now with the warms temps and rain the last few days.

:Gonefishing:

Yea I seen a couple of kids walking down the pier

at Port D with a nice size pike. They caught it at

the newer marina, NE side. Spring time apparently

is the best.

Guest Rockfish

A rough idea of where Div. 3 and Div. 8 divide at Port D., I thought it might divide at the ends of the piers at the lake, but I guess not.....

Thanks for the pic smerch, just had to downsize it some, it was a bit loooooooong. :D

Portpiers.jpg

Guest canadadude

I've caught Quite a few pike while perching in the marina nothing huge most of them being around 4- 6lbs! They can really mess up a perch rig I never relly targeted them but I'm sure it may be a good spot! Somtimes the perch will just turn off and I'm sure it must be a pike moving into the area

Oh yes pike are very common in the lighthouse marina (N.E side).

Right from the rocks working a white spinnerbait or red devil usually catches them.

Pretty much every marina will hold pike..they move into feed on the perch and they like the docks for cover.

Ive always wondered if any pike are caught in divison 3 all the way up the channel to the end of the peir.

Guest Rockfish

Rockfish, that line is not entirely correct. Long before the marina was established there was a beach there. So if anything that line should go up that lighthouse in a SWNE direction.

Is that better Tommy ? sometimes hard to tell a natural shoreline, when so many things are built out into the lake, and it's also hard to show the line with the angle of the pic. There is also the second Lighthouse about 100 yrds down the pier towards the lake, so the division must be just ahead of the south Lighthouse at the rocks of the NE marina........

I would imagine that all the Divisions for #3 and #8 would apply to all the creeks, if u can guess where the natural shoreline used to be.

Guest Rockfish

Ya, just seemed like quite a jump from the sand beach at the west side Lakeside Park to Michigan beach on the east side where the new marina is now according to a map, looks to be about 150 yrds.

Michigan beach was my hangout in the 50's . ....nothing there but sand with huge sand piles beside the harbour ,,,,,,,,,,,and a french fry shack on the beach . You could walk the shoreline all the way to the canal ........not now . We fished at the end of Lake St.from the rocks on shore and got lots of perch etc. and we fished near Geneva where the drive - in -theatres were . Same with Daley Park or Municiple Beach area for pike & bass . Things sure can change in a "few" years..... :o ........ :D

Archived