Sign in to follow this  
denis

Perch Fishin

Here's one for all the internet fisherman :lol:

The upper river Had some excellent perch fishing this Past week with lots of nice fish caught. The river was excellent even this afternoon however with these big winds on the way expect lots of ice and maybe even some dirty water :lol: If you read between the lines and time your trip you may save some gas money you would have spent driving to simcoe, therefore having some money left over to spend in the shop :rolleyes: Even seen a couple Silver perch :lol:

Denis: Thanks for the report my friend. I need some perch. Tried Point Abino today. Very windy. Shove ice was gone with all slips open. Only got two dinks. Going to head your way later this week. Need a pig for your derby. What is the biggest fish so far in your derby? Talk soon. Good fishing. Scottydog

:Gonefishing:

We call them white perch . They look like a silver bass ,except they don't have the stripes . We get them at Quinte in the late fall by the dozens and we keep the ones over 10" . They are very good eating....like perch ,but you need to remove the"mud line" from each fillet which is darker in colour and is oily & fishy smelling . Here is a typical white perch ....or silver perch.......

WhitePerch2.jpg

Scott

1.1lbs is leading and the top prize is 1000 bucks :o 2 weeks left :D That's a silver perch alright, hmmm the fish I saw was silver but it didn't look like that :Gonefishing: