Sign in to follow this  
smerchly

Cogeco

I've been having modem probs for a few days......connection going on and off at all hours . I have been in the middle of a post or writing a reply , and suddenly everything just freezes and I lose the post . My neighbour has the same prob. and told me they are having major problems here in the west end of St.Catharines, and they "hope" to have ir fixed by Tuesday . Any one else having the same prob ?

Guest Brad_c

yea early monday morning it went down for me, and a few times in the evening. for hours at a time too

Not having the same problem smerchly. The problem I'm having

here in west St. Catharines is all the traffic build up over the last

few years. Sometimes takes me over 5 minutes just to get out of

my driveway :lol:

I know how you feel about the traffic......Vansickle Rd. used to be a nice quiet street with a grapery across the road and 10 acres of corn in the back yard.........Wall to wall housing now ! My cable is still going out and I can't click on to pictures and links on many sites ........This may be a good excuse to fish for the next three days !! :lol: (in keeping with fishing related) :lol:

Speaking of Cogeco, does anyone with high speed internet use their free anti-virus and firewall software? I'm just curious how good it is as I'm using Norton right now and although it's good stuff, I would rather go with something that is free. :lol:

Guest canadadude

My pute has been acting up also, Its a cogeco problem internet slows down and freezes I know what your talking about!! Hang in there they will fix the problems, at least thats what they said :lol::lol:

Guest cplummer

Speaking of Cogeco, does anyone with high speed internet use their free anti-virus and firewall software? I'm just curious how good it is as I'm using Norton right now and although it's good stuff, I would rather go with something that is free. B)

I tried it Rick and was not satisfied with it and went back to nortons pro 2006

i found no matter how you configured it ...it slowed things down by 20%

stick with nortons anti and FW...

my 4 cents....

(got a raise) :lol:

cliff...

And like they say... you get what you pay for....