Beaverdams Sunday evening

knightfisher

Valerie (my daughter) and I went down to the ponds after a days work.

She fished the tubes to start as she usually does. She caught alot of small fish

there and met Bill there ( a regular who fishes there almost daily, nice guy), he

mentioned he saw her on this web site ;) A little later she is talking to some other

guy after Bill left, apparently he's from Germany, forgot his name :dunno: They continued

to chat and catch fish, he got a nice size crappie. Meanwhile I am fishing the larger

pond, checking on Valerie from time to time. About an hour goes by and Valerie

brings this guy over for me to meet :o I look up and think, he's a little old for my daughter :)

She says he recognized her from her picture with the pig perch on this website :Gonefishing:

Well low and behold its Rockfish.

Very nice meeting you Dave.

We talked about fishing of course, compared some tackle, turns out we are both licenced gas fitters,

well he is, I let my licence expire a couple years back. And being I am originally from

Hamilton, we had a few other things to talk about However before we knew it the sun was going down

and Valerie has to be up very early for school , so we had to end off and go our own ways.

It was a really great visit, and Dave if your every down this way fishing, let me know and perhaps

we can hit a few areas together.

Mental note to self, think twice about posting a picture of my daughter on the WWW B):D

Daniel

Guest Rockfish

It was good meeting u today too Daniel, was just checking out the Beaverdams action after trying a few shore spots on Gibson, gotta stay away from those thorny trees, LOL.

I noticed your daughter's blue lumber jacket when she was fishing from the tubes and recognized it from the Fatty perch pic, and figured u were around someplace......

Did u get a pic of that fish skeleton, with the toothy jaw ?

Thorny trees.....I first thought you lost a fight with a large cat :rolleyes:

Handled the problem with the camera, however the batteries are now

dead. These digital cameras eat batteries fast. Will take a picture of the

jaw tomorrow and post it, and perhaps someone might be able to tell us

what fish its from.

Guest Rockfish

Ya, those thorns are nasty, I'll have to bring a chainsaw next time I decide to take a walk through the bush to try to find another shore spot, LOL.

That jaw looked like part of a fish anyway, unless it was a toothy bird..... ;)

We also saw that mink run across the road between the ponds, must be mating season with all the minks coming out from hiding.

:rolleyes:

Archived