Port D pic's

Guest gumby

Guest gumby

Hey All

Here a little surprise we found Saturday April 29 2006 at Port D. Caught me off guard that’s for sure. My buddy actually "caught" the fish but I had to hold it, take the hooks out, net it, drive the boat, rig up the line, on my rod, with my brand new $11.95 + tax yozuri deep diving lure (now destroyed) that I bought in Toronto. But I'm not bitter...... did I mention $11.95 + tax brand new destroyed. :angry2:

gallery_615_20_20334.jpg

gallery_615_20_18198.jpg

gallery_615_20_15382.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gumby

Oh Ya took right off.. Tried not to keep it out too long just enough to get a couple quick pic's. Did even take the time to weight it or measure it. It had some bad red marks all over its skin (some kind of infection or who knows old age). Ya there's a little blood from being hooked that the rolled on in the boat (slimy wow).

Nice fish man..sometimes ya never know what you are gonna catch in there, musta gave some of the shore anglers a good show.I was thinking of getting one of my boats out in there soon too, if you can contoll your drift in the right current there you never know what you will get, the current is practically the only "structure" so to speak in there its basically just flat all the way through. Good if some of the guys who fish from shore in there don't try to knock the guys in the boats out with their 2oz sinkers casting from shore. I have seen huge arguments start there over guys from one side getting thier lines tangled with guys from the other side both using huge sinkers to try to cast way out...thats pretty bad..lol..and then they yell at the guys in boats trying to go through the middle..gets a little out of hand sometimes and almost makes it not worth fishin there. There is plenty of water there for all..in my opinion the boaters do have the advantage sometimes and don't have to get in the way of the shore anglers with limited space..but then too the shore guys don't hafta try to knock out the boaters either.or potentially cause them major motor trouble by trying to get thier 20lb test line caught in thier props. I am sure some of you who regularly fish there have seen this happen, Isnt fishing supposed to be fun?..lol Is all that trouble worth catching a couple of the 8" inchers they just stocked in there..lol..let em grow up a little there are plenty of migratory runs of nice salmon and trout in there at the right time of year..and lots of other surprizes that make there way up that waterway too, like big channel cats, nice walleye if ya get the right time and somehting huge like the nice musky in the pic there. Way to go man thats a nice fish anywhere, must have surprized ya a heck of alot to get that in there. JWL

Guest vidarling

Sweet fish guy!

Must have been a hell of a fight!

Nice work on the C&R. That would be a fish of a lifetime for me, its nice that it maybe can be a fish of a lifetime for someone else as well.

Awesome!

Ian

Guest Jeffery

I saw those guys out in Port on Saturday April 29.

I was out walking about, when I saw the guy with the white hat fighting with that Muskie.

That bad boy looked at least 20 pounds from shore. Made me think about getting my rod and favourite lure.

$12 for a lure Gumby? Come on man. Going to need CSI to look at that lure. Kinda fuzzy picture. Think you are making that stuff up about your lure. Maybe just alittle envious of your buddy.

By the way other forum readers. Should of seen Gumby and his other friend, there were 3 guys in the boat jump like cats when this muskie was jumping around in the boat. Think I heard a shriek from Gumby.

Nice catch and looks like Gumby is struggling abit with that catch in the picture.

See you on the water boys

Guest Fisher15

Hey Gumby how big was your fish? Ha Ha. So did he at least give you the money for lure? So let me get this right, your boat, your gas, your insurance, your rigging, your rod, your lure, and Dean's fish. I can't wait to see you and laugh again. Talk to you later. Oh ya how much was the lure again?

SURPRISE ????....... I'd say Holy Crapp :o That's the biggest fish I've seen come out of Port Dalhousie . That thing sure looks over 4 ft. long , and going by Cliff's chart , it would be over 30 lbs. Now......I would take that lure , put it in a frame and hang it on the wall ! Then , get that picture blown up to the size of the fish and hang it up below the lure ! :D That is a cheap mount for you ! Like Chilli said......no wonder I didn't get perch in there , they are in hiding under the rocks ! Congrats Gumby :angry2::lol:B) ......it's awesome you boated that critter with all those razor teeth in the current and very light gear compared to what musky fishermen use . BTW....what kind of line were you using ?

Thats a 25-30 pound fish. There are Muskie in Lake Ontario...Gotta be a few that call Pt D home!

You can get some decent pike sometimes too, way out on the peer on the lake side when all the weeds start getting heavy over there. you never know sometimes what will creep into spots like that, or what ya can catch that's one of the great things about fishing in our area, there is fishin 12 months a year for something trophy size, from winter trout to summer bass and muskies.Well few more days maybe I will be up to 50 posts and can join in on the Pike Off..lol..just gotta keep posting untill people get sick of me ...lol Aww come on guys at least I try to share some insight into the topics..lol.. I love learningmore about fishing all the time, not just so I can brag about what i catch..just cuz I think it is just plain ole fun.

:worthy::lol: Hey Tommy you better watch out jwl is going to just walk all over you, the way he is posting he'll have you beat in no time at all, and to top it off his posts make sence and you don't have to get a dictionary out to read them ;) KEEP ON POSTEN JWL I'll give you 40 hours and your in.The only problem is the pike guru jacket has my name on it already :lol::lol::lol:Catfish

Archived