Port D pic's

Guest gumby

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well like I keep saying I love sharing insight into fishing, and I have been into some pike in the last while too , it can only get better from here as it warms up, still waitin for a monster though, biggest so far is around the 30" mark..I am sure I can beat that soon..well thats the plan anyways as I am sure is also lots of your plans as well..lol and again Thanks to all for makin the new guy feel welcome.Oh and that jacket you are talking about..is the name embroidered on it or is it a patch...cuz they mighta got the name wrong..lol...well good luck to all again in that quest I know I have been having fun fishing

Hey Gumby: Great looking Musky. Good job on the release. Nice to see that fish will make the spawning grounds. Want to keep that gene pool in tack. Thanks for the report. Good fishing. Scottydog

:worthy:

Guest Rockfish

Well like I keep saying I love sharing insight into fishing, and I have been into some pike in the last while too , it can only get better from here as it warms up, still waitin for a monster though, biggest so far is around the 30" mark..I am sure I can beat that soon..well thats the plan anyways as I am sure is also lots of your plans as well..lol and again Thanks to all for makin the new guy feel welcome.Oh and that jacket you are talking about..is the name embroidered on it or is it a patch...cuz they mighta got the name wrong..lol...well good luck to all again in that quest I know I have been having fun fishing

You missed it jwl, but just over a month ago about 40 posts got nuked in the Pike Off thread with no entries and Tommy (Odysseus) wanted to add all the caught Pike lengths together to be the Pike Guru, so as it stands I would be at 26+28+23.5+23+14= 114.5 " :worthy: They've been gettin smaller, but should get a little longer within time. :lol:

Didn't hear of any jacket, just the NFN T-shirt for each category lucky winner ...... :lol:

was that thread was going for a while ebfore anyone started getting them? and thats why you say 40 posts got nuked..me so far I got around 18+14+24+30.5 I guess I have been lucky mine are gettin bigger...too bad far away doesnt count cuz I plan on catchin a few really big ones in a couple weeks at opener at the trailer catch a couple in the 40"+ range every year throughout the season.

Guest gumby

Thanks for all the comments.

I don’t know if I want to put it on the fridge Shane cause then every time he comes over I’ll have to listen to his crap. And yes we were jumping around but it was because like Jeffery said every time the fish moved my other buddy taking the picture would scream like a school girl. Causing me to jump because I had my hands in its mouth with all those big teeth.

I’ll provide exhibit A my school girlish friend and last nights (May 3) fish

gallery_615_20_38625.jpg

And once again I had to hold it for him. But now I’m down a $50 down rigging pole. He got the fish on his 20 year old $10 Canadian Tire rod and it was going to spool him so in the confusion with me running the boat him screaming I told my girl friend to pull up the down riggers. She went to pop the release and broke the pole in half. I think I should be running a circus not going fishing with my buddy’s. I would be cheaper I’m sure. At this rate I will need to take out a second mortgage on the house by July.

gallery_615_20_6412.jpg

Guest Rubby Rubby

now I know this is my first reply on here and I dont want to step on toes here BUT, I am pretty sure that taking a picture of a Out Of Season musky is illegal, as that is in essence in possession of that fish.... plz dont get me wrong thats a great fish and I bet was a great fight, but I may be wrong but I am pretty sure not allowed. I think I was out there that day you were as well on the bar tho. GL this season... :worthy:

Robert

Guest gumby

I think your a little off base their Rubby Rubby. Lets say I go into the bank. The lady gives me $1,000,000. I take a picture of the money and me. Give her back the money. But now I'm in possession of $1,000,000 cause I have the picture. Nice..... Wish it worked like that. Give me a break... There was no intention of fishing for musky. We caught it. We released it as quick as we could only to take a picture of it. Who wouldn't...... Some times I'm sorry to share....

Guest IBC

taking a picture of an OOS fish isnt illegal, however if there was a CO watching you and deemed that you were too slow in returning the fish to the water you could be fined. Mind you it is not like Gumby was using the 12"+ plugs strictly lookin for muskie also.

And none the less that is an amazing beast you caught, saw a few last year swimming throughout the harbor prior to the season opening, it was amazing watching the one chase the baitfish.

Smerch you recall that one?

Great fish,

Ive never caught a muskie, id love to, but dont have a boat to go out on a body of water larger then a small lake, and ive yet to travel northward to search for muskie specificly.

Im a pike and Basser through and through,

caught more pike then i can count, some seriously big ones too. but muskies have never taken a bite on my line.

Guest Rockfish

Thanks for sharing the beast Gumby and don't worry about the other comments, quick C/R, good stuff.

There were some good sized Niagara River Musky posted back in Dec. think it was just after the season closed after Dec. 15 also.

:Gonefishing:

now I know this is my first reply on here and I dont want to step on toes here BUT, I am pretty sure that taking a picture of a Out Of Season musky is illegal, as that is in essence in possession of that fish.... plz dont get me wrong thats a great fish and I bet was a great fight, but I may be wrong but I am pretty sure not allowed. I think I was out there that day you were as well on the bar tho. GL this season... :Gonefishing:

Robert

This subject has come up on here before and research was done to find out the truth. A member from here I believe talked directly to a CO at the sportsmans show and was told that as long as the fish was returned to the water after a quick picture then all was well. Targeting them OOS is a different story, as well as keeping the fish.

Otherwise, welcome to the site Robert. :D

I totally agree with all on the OOS catch and release thing...and ya a conservation officer may think it is an offence to over handle and OOS fish if they think that you are endangering the fish's quick recovery back to the water..but hey everyone knows a place like that, is a place you never know what you will catch...as i am sure that would be a fish of a lifetime for alot of people, I'm pretty sure you are entitled to a few pics as your trophy. I myself have 1 musky mounted on the wall a 52"er that weighed in at 30.5 got it a couple years back on Thanksgiving weekend...and thats the only one I will ever keep, and it took alot of self debate to even keep that one...since then as luck would have it i have gotten a couple even bigger than that..lol..but like I said i would never think of ever keeping another thats my one trophy. I totally believe in catch and release I may only keep around 6-8 walleye a season thats it ever..and everything else I catch goes back to battle another day. But in adding to fmc420's comment about not really being able to have much of an op to fish muskies on a count of no boat...well i have 2 boats and the biggest musky in my record book so far was one in the 40lb range I caught off my dock..lol...so just as that pick goes to show ya..you really never know when you might get a monster. Asd for the other comments on taking pics of OOS fish..nothing wrong with that specially if it is a fish of a lifetime, myself however would not really post any pics of OOS fish myself especially if any "trollers" could easily identify the spot..I have gotten a few big bass this year in my spring quest for pike as I am sure some others have been into as a residual catch of the day , but you could easily tell where i got em if you are familliar with a few spots in the niagara region..so there fore..no pics,,dont wanna give the "wrong people" the "right info".. JWL

Thanks never thought of that..first i would actually hafta learn how to post the pics anyways and evryone knows ya catch the big ones when ya don't have a camera with ya anyways..lol.like just about a week or so ago..out fishin with my buddy..I got around a 10lb channel cat..nice big fat bugger..I had it by the lip, thumb in its mouth, holding for a pic..buddy was getting the camera out of his bag...fish shook..got loose from my fingers, and flopped back into the water..guess it was a little camera shy..lol.not the biggest one i ever caught but..biggest for this year so far so I was bummed about not getting the pic..but atleast i have a witness..and my biggest pike for the season so far..no camera..but have a witness again..lol..

The MNR booklet is not a language perfect booklet.......some words used like , releasing a fish in a "reasonable " time can be interpreted in different ways by the CO's . I have seen much about this before and a pic.can be taken ,then immediate release . Many big pike , musky and other fish have prob.died as a result of a break off with a large lure inside their mouth than from taking 10 or 15 seconds extra to get a picture . Maybe the book should state , after removing a hook , you have no more than 30 seconds to release the fish ? :Gonefishing: Thanks again Gumby for showing us people on NFN what Port Dal.has to offer .You may find some of us tossing BIG #10 Mepps with bucktails in their soon ! :D

:Gonefishing: Well now that I have heard enough about this fish now I will speak and it aint maken me to happy. This MUSKEY Is a resiedent fish of port and useually there if a female not to far behind. I have seen this fish and the female for many years seeing that I am and was always down there. Last year around this time I made the mistake of showing these 2 fish to someone and he told me I'M GONA CATCH THAT FISH. And it is exactly what he did,he went right home and got his rod with 50lb test and a body bait and stood there and casted at it till he pissed it off enough that it hit the bait.OOSFISHING is what he did and when I found out that he targetted this fish I kicked his ass and told him that if I ever seen or head of him doing that again I will make a quick call and he is history.Now I don't know how this fish was caught and where it was caught but if I do here that it was caught where these two fish nest I will be talking to Gumby. Now before someone jumps my a$$ again I did not point any fingers nor did I say that they did target this fish but I will here about and you all know I will, how,when,where and who caught the fish even tho it has been said who caught it. I am only saying that if I hear now another story of what was just posted of trying to catch it I will take action on this,Why is it that when anglers see a fish that is not in season that they have to try and catch it just to say that they did catch a 20lb muskie, IF that is what you are looking for then spend the $$$$ for a charter and go catch your 20lb or more muskie. Other than that don't let the rath of Catfish catch up to you it will not be a pretty site. P/S if you look at this fish you will see what it was doing before it got tagged if it was caught just roaming around out there than fine great catch (But) and if anyone else comes on here and posts that they tried also to catch these 2 fish, I don't care who it is you will get your- - - - - - - - - - - - - and thats that and if the powers to be nuke this post the so be it. I just speek my mind and you all know it :DCatfish

Guest canadadude

Well said Robbie and if any members see other persons throwing Muskie Baits into the harbour at this time of year we should confront these people or at least report them to the M.N.R!! I do relise the fish was caught incidently but I can see how people who have seen this thread may go after the fish!!! Please lets just leave them alone and not let anyone target these fish out of season!!!!

Guest S.S. Minnow

I would like to say WOW on the muskie!!!! As well nice Salmon, I can't believe that guy realed that in on a 10 year old Canadian Tire rod, he must be quite the fisherman, when is Gumby's next charter?

:Gonefishing:

Cheers Andrew

Guest canadadude

:D;):Gonefishing: You BAST#$% YOU CANADADUD I can't beleive you skipped out of work just because I gave you a bunch of Berkley baits,If you don't catch anything we all know it's not the baits :D:) See you tomorow and you can tell me the big story ;);)Catfish

No time for work Robbie got some serious field testing to do :P:P:P

Guest boston

THat's a monster GUMBY, nice fish, some guys pay thousands and thousands of dollars to catch a fish like that, so 12 bucks seems kinda miniscule for what I have seen guys pay. that's a nice salmon as well, OOS or not she's a pig, congrats, boston. :Gonefishing:

Good postings Rob

I agree with you if it's out of season,leave it be ,if it's an accident then take your pics and release it ,end of story ,if i caught it which i wouldn't i would release it right away after a quick snapshot and done .

Dallas :Gonefishing:

Archived