speck stream

joe

hi guys i went to a favorite speck stream FLAMBOROUGH only to find someone has been dumping deer parts in the stream!. this was a very disturbing find, called the TIPPS # to report. the stink was soooo bad i could not fish, could not get the smell from my nose for a long time after. man these people make me so damn ANGRY<poachers>but took pauline for a walk and found an old stream that i had forgotten about . threw some grass hoppers in and watched the specks come to the surface to take them. next time we are there will try to get some pics of this. hoping you all are getting into some fish with this beautiful weather

joe and pauline

Saw a simular thing once at grassy brooks while out for some spring pike..we where catching minnows in the creek and came across a couple green garbage bags full of pieces of deer carcass that some one had just left there to rot, we also got home and called someone from the ministry to come down there,was back before cell phones where all that popular..lol..and ya could drive in there too..officer met me at my house and we had to take him in to show him where the bags where.I hear ya about the poacher thing..and that one got me cuz who ever killed it..took the time to cut it up and bag it before trying to ditch it in the creek.They should try to do stuff like they do way up north..I lived in the Soo for a couple years..a while before moose season..the MNR would put big moose decoys out in the bush..and wait near by places there has been reports of poaching, and bust all the people that go by and try to shoot the decoy.

Guest max

I would imagine they were not poached rather are the skin and remains of a butchered or dressed deer. It was probably discarded last fall and froze over the winter. Now its warm and is starting to rot. There is no law against dumping caqrcasses.

The one I was talking about was the whole thing I was there with the MNR guy at the time because I had to show him where it was...wasn't a purdy thing hauling the rotted carcass out of the muddy creek either.Also had a simular incident back in my teens too..went to go fishing in the resevoir we would ride our bikes all around there when the water was low..fish..goof around..do some exploring..we came across hundreds of dead seagulls, when we got back to my buddy's house we told his mom about this and she suggested that we call someone about it..we contacted the MNR and they sent someone to the house to get us so we could show him the spot..he couldn't believe it either..they took a couple to do some tests because they suspected that perhaps farmers may have been poisoning them, never did here the result of that then, that was back in about 1984-85, anyone else hear of that happening back then?

Joe.....what a gruesome discovery .....my stomach wouldn't hold out long if my nose got too close to that . It is not good for the health of the stream , better to let it rot on land and feed some critters when it was fresher . Glad you found some specks in another stream . Did you have live grasshoppers for bait ? I presume you bought them as I don't think they are hopping around yet .

JWL ....Funny thing about the gulls......the farmers welcome them following their tractors picking up all the harmfull insects .....but maybe the gull crap is worse ..... :D

BTW.....looks like you will be a Fifty Post NFN 'er today .....Welcome to the Official Pike Off .... :Gonefishing:

i dont know why someone would take the time to hide deer remains, cut by saw in a tunnel under a hwy

on #6 , carry them 60 yds. we found 3 heads hides legs bones. loads of open scrub land around, better suited for disposing such remains. not in a stream that flows under the hwy. it gave me the creeps, at first thought it was something else

joe and pauline

Doesn't make sense Joe, unless the deers was bagged illegally,

or the hunters just didn't realize you could leave the carcase

in the woods.

In an earlier related topic..I had mentioned an incident years ago in the resevoir, has any of you guys fished in there in recent years, can ya still go in there although you where never really "supposed" to go in there I dont think...just curious I have not been in there for years maybe even 10 years..lol...I caught a lot of nice fish in there and a bunch of nice rainbows..going up the side near the Lillac gardens, anyways i know kinda unrelated to what started this thread but was wondering is all.

Thanks all JWL

Archived