Night fishing

Guest Spiro

Guest Spiro

SO I tried last night in the welland canal in port colborne at night. Caught 2 under the lights, lots of minnows, lots of shad, anyone have any tips, favorite lures, or favorite spots locally for night shore fishing? When I was a kid, I had an unbelievable time in kingston at the ferry docks at night, there were spotlights shining in the water and lots of fish, a friend and I would catch fish all night bass pike muskie and walleye. I would love to find a spot locally like that. If you would like PM me and we could meet up sometime, somewhere.

regards

mike

Alot of spots along the welland canal along government road here in St.Cath. Have lights and good visibility at night.

I dont know about pike and muskie but...sheephead,channel cats,large rockbass and smallmouth is common catch in the canal, you might get lucky and run into a walleye ..but very few around.

Fishing in the canal is frowned upon.

I used to just drop or cast out a worm couple years ago along the canal...lots of fish and nice sized ones also.

Caught my biggest rockbass outta that canal.

ive fished beside the allanburg bridge before, about 3-5 years ago and caught small smallies, and small rockbass, but nothing of anysize. my aunt lives right beside the allanburg bridge, so when i went for a swim we brought our poles.

i dont even waste my time there anymore though, not sure about any other spots along there though

With this many walleye in Lake Erie it's gonna be hard not to catch them. I've heard of a nite bite going on also :Gonefishing: and if you really wanna catch some I suggest you stop reading reports because nobody is gonna hand you there spots :lol: Now if you do a little leg work and think about near shore areas that are possibly wind swept where you will get bait piling up and chances are you might get into some eyes. The niagara river is a BIG river and i'd be willing to bet there is a few back eddies and rockpiles that many of you guys drive by everyday that are just full of fish. Actually I know of a boat ramp that is close to a local fishing shop and I've seen some bait cruising around there during the day, I see seagulls diving in the BIG back eddie and there's always a couple boats anchored out there :dunno: Go get em the seasoned started a couple weeks ago B)

Guest Willz

Go to Port Colbourne....drive out to the green blinker wall, and start casting. 10pm-3am...I recommend husky jerks, you will be in like flint for the eyes.

Willz

Guest Spiro

thanks for the info. As for fishing in the canal, according to the seaway official who kicked me out of my float tube, they do not care if you fish from shore, its if you go into the water.

Archived