Is there walleye in port colborne

richardl33

I'm new to walleye fishing and was wondering if there are walleyes between the 2 break walls in port?

Went out last saturday and tried but only caught some small pikes (there getting smaller).

I've heard people catching walleye out of port but no boats between the walls and can't see any anywhere,

must be far out there and I can't go to far past the lighthouse with my tiny boat, went about 1 mile out and fished in 40 feet of water with no success.

Any info on catching a few walleye would be appreciated.

Richard. I have been fishing out of Port Colbourne for many years and I have never heard of any walleye been caught inside the break walls. They are generally caught miles out on the lake. I am not saying they have never been caught inside the walls (because anything could happen) I just never have heard of any.

thanks captnn and macD I'll try the South Easterly coner the next time I get out there. I guess it will have to be in the evening not during the day.

Guest Spiro

yup, later the better, I have caught them way up the canal past the bridges at night, they seem to like the lights.... tons of minnows there also

Archived