Life Jackets

smerchly

This is for you BIGFISH 1965 .........You lost a friend and co-worker because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.....and his car rolled on him , ending his young life of 39 years, instantly . We have seen recent drownings because someone wasn't wearing a life jacket . Imagine....going out in a canoe......and being a non swimmer , and not wearing a pfd !!!!! Please remember...... it's your friends, family , and co-workers who have to deal with these things after you "threw" away your life for the sake of something so simple ....but so effective in letting YOU tell about the car rolling over or the boat capsizing ! This needs to be posted on every fishing site to remind us that we can be here today and gone tomorrow if we ignore these basic life saving devices ! Thanks for reminding ME Bigfish .......We all need to remind each other now and then ........

Guest Jeetmuck

Great reminder Smerch. I wouldn't still have my wife or mother had it not been for them wearing there seatbelts a number of years ago when they were rear ended at a high speed. A sober reminder is always a good thing.

I wouldn't be here if not for a seat belt. Twice :Gonefishing:

I've been in the boat with a couple of guys who take the PFD off after a beer or 2. Your not getting braver after those beers your getting dumber! Put it back on stupid. This is not the way I'd want to leave my family. If it's uncomfortable, buy one that isn't :)

I worked several times with the supervisor who lost his life and he will be missed as he was a class act. My condolances go out to his family.

I made the decision over 20 years ago to wear my seatbelt at all times after stopping to help at an accident and seeing the damage done to a young girls face. It's something I'll never forget. I also decided a few years ago to wear my PFD's at all times when in the boat as we hear every year of someone drowning in the Niagara River where I love to fish and other bodies of water across Ontario. As Chilli said, if they are too uncomfortable for you, get one that isn't like I did as in the picture. I don't even know it's there and it will inflate if I fall in.

Aug2606006_640x480.jpg

Unfortunately a loss has to bring about this subject.

But facts are facts and belts and jackets save lives.

Don't take a chance with yours or your loved ones and friends.

Didn't know there was an inflatable jacket. Where can they be purchased ?

I bought mine at BPS a few yaers ago on sale, but I'm sure CTC will have them as I've seen them in the flyer. It's very light and has an auto-inflate feature if I go overboard.

That is a good point Smerch and Rick also nice smallie there Rick

Looks like some of the ones we were into on the Upper River for the tournament.

Fished most of the day with the jacket on only took it off a couple of times near the end of the day when it started to warm up but had it on at all times the main motor was running.

Dallas

Some people refuse to wear the seatbelt , others just forget to put it on . My 2005 Jimmy has a red flashing light in the dash that reminds you if the belt is not on . But if the sun is glaring on the dash you can't see it , and it then goes off in 10 seconds . There should be a continuos "beep" that will drive you nuts until the belt is put on . Do you people have a sound warning on your vehicles ?

It angers me the most when I see a car -van full of kids with no belts on.........

Archived