This month in OOD

Dan Andrews

One of the questions Rob MacIntosh asked the Ontario Government and the OFAH on the 20th was about fish stocking in Port Dalhousie. The St Catharines Game and Fish Association donated a release trailer to the Ringwood hatchery and in return recieve an anual stocking of browns, rainbows and chinook. Now that the OFAH has had the hatchery handed to them, it is not known if the agreement is carried with the transaction. Will the OFAH honour the past agreement with the SCGFA in continue to stock these fish?

The answer has been posed and was promised to be answered by both the OFAH and the Provincial Liberals. Although the SCGFA is not an afiliated member of the OFAH they are being treated as Brothers and a good relationship is forming. In the most recent addition of Ontario Out of Doors magazine in the "Hotwire" section there is a picture of the trailer in question with writing on the side that still clearly reads: "Trailer donated by the St Catharines Game and Fish Association".

The OFAH clearly wants to demonstrate to the SCGFA that they are a welcome addition to the Federation if they so choose. I think now is the right time to reaffiliate. If you are a SCGFA member and you agree, then bring your Federation membership card to the next St Catharines meeting on Nov 27th and state your approval to renew our ties to the strongest sporting club the Province has ever known. Lets make every member of the St Catharines Club a card carrying member of the OFAH and prove that we are amongst the voices of reason when it comes to Out of Door issues in the Province.

Dan Andrews

Card carrying member of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters and the St Catharines Game and Fish Association

Hey Dan: That is good news. Nice to see the two clubs getting together. This should help the overall cause. I guess I need to get my card for one of the clubs. LOL. Look forward to more updates. Good fishing. Scottydog

:blink: Remember back a bit someone asked WHY SHOULD I JOIN A CLUB WHATS IN IT FOR ME. well maybe now you will understand what Dan and I have been fighting for.Numbers will make a differance and if you have an isue it is better to have 80,000 OFAH members standing beside you than trying to do it on your own. When I went to the SCG&F meeting on this past Monday to report on the meeting that took place, I was wellcomed with open arms to give our report. There were only a few that disagreed with our approach of talking to a number of officals at once instead of one on one meeting but after they were informed that they were 20 years behind times they changed there tunes. I will only say one thing here and if you agree then what Dan and I have tried to do will work out for the best.JOIN A CLUB AND STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELEIVE IN REMEMBER NUMBERS DO WORK AND WILL MAKE A DIFERANCE. And if you are only joining a club to get something for free then how about your resources they are free for as long as we all see to that. Thanks :)Catfish

Guest fishstick

A change is in need for this to happen. As they say, "out with the old, and in with the new".

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can always shoot him and get a new puppy. :blink:

great points guys, and also great to see that something brought up at that meeting pertaining to a local fish and game club got heard and made it to print for sure...that's what all our local clubs need...fresh new members....younger members who will carry on with all the values that some of the people who formed these clubs worked hard at...if there doesn't soon become a younger than 65 and up crowd of memebers..some of these clubs will have no choice but to disband due to not having the manpower to obtain the resources that keep all these clubs "fighting the cause"...next time you visit a favorite fishing hole that is nice and clean and the fish are biting like mad...you just may have to thank the clubs for making it that way...it could have been their members who joined up with a bunch of school kids or other volunteers to clean up that fishing hole..worked at various levels of any stocking program...that made this spot great for you..a fellow outdoor enthusiast...there are lots of different ways that a little bit of volunteer time..put back into angling/hunting can benefit from any outdoor sporting /conservation club..if we are going to try to help and make a difference..now is the time to do it...and they can't do it without a big boost in the say 50 and under age bracket to take over the ever shrinking older member population of these clubs...alot of these people have worked hard for us to have the great fishing/hunting opportunities we have today.

Guest canadadude

Great Idea, I for one would love to see this happen and would bring my membership back to the St Catharines club!!!! If all our local clubs reconise the unity of one big voice the chances of making change with in the M.N.R may be possible!!! To fight any battle with the government it takes strenght and strenght in numbers is the only way!!! If 30,000 opose what is happening then perhaps changes can be made, but to fight it at one local club may sound beneficial but I'm affraid your honest efforts will be wasted!!!

:lol: This is a great Idea BUT if everyone just talks about joining the club then NOTHING WILL EVER COME OF IT. :) We tried to have a membership drive last year and the results were very low because the first ? was what I posted WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME. I am sick of hearing this comment.If you want to make a differance then join and stand up and make a differance, It would not take to much to change this club around if 20 new members joined and got involved instead of getting a membership because the ramp pass is cheaper, then alot of isues could be tackeld with out hearing (back when the old boy's ran the club) When this happens you will see guy's from this site stand up and take this club where it should go. TO THE TOP OF ANGLING & HUNTING IN NIAGARA. And when it get's these new members you will be serprized the backing that is out there for this club to continue and be a big part of our reasourcess in Niagara. Gee you may even see me stand back up. :D

Oh the threats :lol:

I'd vote for Nortan over you any day :)

Whataya say Scotty. Think Nortan would run? :D

Maybe someone would look into arranging that carp derby they were talking about a couple years back.

:blush::lol::lol: Oh and the feelings are the same for you to Dan :P With a comment like that it sounds like you will be standing up also :o or would it be more like :blink:;)

Hey....I'm an old retired sob.....you want someone UNDER 50 ! I'm already half deaf & a little insane , .......how about someone like ......Flywire !!!!!!! :blink:

Archived