What about this idea?

rick

I was doing some surfing and came across this online petition site, and thought it might be an interesting idea to start one regarding the concerns of the MNR that were discussed at that meeting last week. Imagine getting thousands of people from all across Ontario to sign it who want more money pumped into the system, then it could be emailed to all the politicians who maybe can do something about it. The petition can be mentioned on web sites, media and even in the Ontario Out of Doors Magazine which is read by thousands.

Getting the word out to the politicians about the economic impact of our great outdoors should be top priority, but I think a petition from the taxpayers could be used as another tool to keep the pressure on the government, and I honestly feel it could grow to be a big thing if the proper avenues are notified.

What do you guys think? :blink:

:):D Gee this sounds great Rick. Did someone not ask to have one put up on here so all they had to do was sign there name to it and E-mail it. You know that know one on this site want's to do anything on their own so ya if that is what has to be done to get the point across then ya we should look at it. Are they all ready made up,can you make your own. Catfish P/s you don't have to reply I went and looked myself, The only problem I see is someone to put it all togeather and to understand how to make one up. Do I here anyone standing up to take this on. Didn't think so :blink:

Someone would have to come up with the wording, it's then submitted to petitiononline.com, then people would be directed to a URL of the petition where they would sign. A simple to remember domain name could be purchased cheap that can be sent out there for everyone to go too.

I have no problem getting more involved with this kind of thing, but just getting one on this site alone is small potatos. I'm talking about getting it out to the whole province somehow.

Someone would have to come up with the wording, it's then submitted to petitiononline.com, then people would be directed to a URL of the petition where they would sign. A simple to remember domain name could be purchased cheap that can be sent out there for everyone to go too.

I have no problem getting more involved with this kind of thing, but just getting one on this site alone is small potatos. I'm talking about getting it out to the whole province somehow.

:blink: If we put it togeather and got it put up on here then could we not send it to other web sites and ask them to put it up on their sites. As long as we showed them that it was legitt I don't see a problem. Would it go to a certin E-mail address or would we have oversee them and then send it off to the area we wanted it to go to. I have a better Idea maybe we I mean Dan, Rob,Rick,and Rick should get togeather and decide if we should put one togeather It sounds good. :)Catfish

Dan, Rob,Rick,and Rick should get togeather and decide if we should put one togeather It sounds good. :DCatfish

Whether others think it's a good idea or not I think that it should be done.....what harm can come from it. All that has to be done is the wording, and I suck at that kind of thing. It has to be not too long winded, explains what the current situation is and why, then get to the point of what the signers of the petition would like to see done. Perhaps someone here can take a shot at it but in my opinion someone like Mr. Montgomery would be perfect for authoring something like this as I found his speech at the meeting last week to be very well put together. Anyone here know him personally? :(

If we put it togeather and got it put up on here then could we not send it to other web sites and ask them to put it up on their sites. As long as we showed them that it was legitt I don't see a problem.

I'm not looking for this to be an NFN thing but a province wide thing going well beyond web sites.

Would it go to a certin E-mail address or would we have oversee them and then send it off to the area we wanted it to go to.

An online petetion would have it's own url. We would just get the url out to everyone (eg: web sites, publications, outdoors clubs) perhaps even see if any provincial tv stations might be interested in mentioning it if it grows big enough. THINK BIG!!!! :D When the petition does get big enough and we're ready to present it then a formal email containing this url is sent to those who we want to target (polititions, media).

Perhaps money raised from the next swill can be used for the cause (pay for publication somewhere). :lol:

Rick , we know the OFAH is well into this , and they have a lot of info about it as we saw at the meeting in Stevenville . Would it be wise if they were involved with overlooking a petition & helping out with the facts & figures they already have on the subject ? I think it's a great idea , anything to draw more attention to the issues and let all the people , not just anglers & hunters , know that we need to take care of our natural resources better. Even people who work for the MNR could provide valuable info. on this . I'm sure with the right people involved , like Joe Montgomery , we would have a well worded petition to catch the attention of the general public .

I'll contact Greg Ferrant in the next few days and see what they have going on. This may be of help to them if a separate interest forwards it to them asking for help.

I've tried the online petition site before and for some reason it didn't work. The url it mailed me would not open but I'm willing to try again. I'm available Tuesday morning if you guys want to hook up down at the game and fish. Shouldn't take long. I need to meet with Rick O anyway.

Rick , we know the OFAH is well into this , and they have a lot of info about it as we saw at the meeting in Stevenville . Would it be wise if they were involved with overlooking a petition & helping out with the facts & figures they already have on the subject ?

Bill, the OFAH is doing a great job from what I seen at the meeting last week. I think if the government started getting pressure from more then one group it might make the odds more in our favor of getting the changes made, instead of it always just being the one club. That could make a few heads look up and take notice that others are concerned about the MNR as well.

Archived