2007 NFN Pike Off

Pope29

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call shananagans on the measuring job on your fish Jack. Looks like a good half inch gap or more between the tape and the fishes tail there :lol: . Going to have to vote to disqualify you now :lol: .

Good job on all the pike hunting guys. I'm not quite done yet, although I won't have the time to get out for a while. I'm sure when I do find some time I'll have no problem vaulting to the top of the leaderboard again though :( . Damn this is fun :D

if ya wanna get all the technical about it Pope, if I actually straightened the fish out, closed it's mouth, held it down and stretched out the tail (like lots of guys do when it comes to measuring keeper size muskies) it's probably more like 27 :lol:

if ya wanna get all the technical about it Pope, if I actually straightened the fish out, closed it's mouth, held it down and stretched out the tail (like lots of guys do when it comes to measuring keeper size muskies) it's probably more like 27 :lol:

Do you measure from the base or the $%&&s :(

Hey how do you guys all keep changing the line that says like "gold member" under you avatar. I see Pope changed his....we need more guys getting into some pike to get in on the b@!! bustin with, guess for being a wize guy I'm not taking Pope to any more of my pike spots anymore like I said I was gonna :( ,no more pointers for different fishing situations, and not landing any more of his fish for him either :lol::D:lol: .

Kick @ss and take no prisoners :lol:

Hey how do you guys all keep changing the line that says like "gold member" under you avatar.

In your control panel, look for "Edit Profile Information" on the left side.

Thanks guys, Rick, you gotta get out and do some pikin soon too, we should round up a couple people and do a channel cat mission too for a blast.

Rick, you gotta get out and do some pikin soon too, we should round up a couple people and do a channel cat mission too for a blast.

That sounds like a good idea too Jack. Spring catfish fishing is very relaxing and fun and I'm looking forward to it on the Welland River and the Grand, and yes we should arrange something soon. I haven't been out for a few weeks as I had some painting and flooring to do in my spare time but I'm going to start getting the boat ready this week. :lol:

nice fish Paulyboy, looks like it keeps going up by the inch...right on..a new challenge to beat, gonna have to give it a go over the next couple days for sure. Nice to see someone else getting in on the action :unsure:

are we being nice and extending the boundry for Pauly??? :lol::lol: I'm cool with that, but we gotta close off the boundry some where, or come May I can go up to my camp and get some into the 40's :P:unsure:

By the way again, nice fish Pauly..ya got me by an inch..that will change in the morning...IT"S ON!!!!, I love the freindly competition and the ribbin'

Got a couple more handles today .......one a whopping 21" , but was a little scrapper ! Thought it was at least a 3 lb.der :lol: hitting on 3-4" live minnows again but tapered off by noon .Dr.Bob lost a cute little brownie on a minnow -float rod. Nice to see bowen hard at it , Knightfisher , IBC and I couldn't see , but heard Canadadude on the other side !!! :P

Rockfish ....I was there ,but not in the blue box .......Dr.Bob's silver pick-up ! got your NFN logo in my bag ,all done up nice & purdy in cellophane . :lol:

Here's my 19-20" whopper toothy one........ :unsure:

Smerchrocket.JPG

Smerchly...they are right, fishin is good for the spirits,,geesh must be doing ya some good, you look even younger then when I saw you the other day :unsure:

I'm steppin' up the guns now,I have a trap set at one of my secret chub locations,and have a couple places off the beaten path to go check out with my net first thing in the morning, then I am cracking out the heavy rod and the floats :unsure::lol: I have a new goal to beat now to redeem my standings :lol:

are we being nice and extending the boundry for Pauly??? :lol::P I'm cool with that, but we gotta close off the boundry some where, or come May I can go up to my camp and get some into the 40's :P:unsure:

By the way again, nice fish Pauly..ya got me by an inch..that will change in the morning...IT"S ON!!!!, I love the freindly competition and the ribbin'

I had thought that the boundary had been extended to include me but looking back on the original "Pike off 2007" post I see that it was never officially extended by Rick. :)

I can bow out of the competition if anyone objects to an extra 1/2 hr driving radius being added to the boundary. :lol:

I wish you luck tomorrow JWL. Seems like your almost as die hard for the pike as I am! We should meet up for a morning of floating minnows sometime.

PB :)

There was a whole bunch of NFNers out on the Niagara today and we was hammering the pikies. Rockfish, Rob D., Pylon head and a whole bunch more besides. All of us gunning for the top dog. Nothing quite large enough to post [ not that I know how to post a picture], but big enough for a couple of large fish dinners.

Back at it tomorrow :unsure:

Personally,I have no problem bending the rule for Paulyboy but it becomes a slippery slope. What do you do when someone two hours wants in next year??? The old adage is " the exception swallows the rule" and it could be true here. There are definately some prime pike lakes an hour and a half from here. I can't make this call.

i wouldnt see a problem with out to london being included. but thats cause i will be going out that way in the late spring for a few days of fishin

All geared up and ready for some serious @$$ kickin pikin coming up :)

What's up your arsenal? :lol::lol:

On a more serious note, someone hasta start making a call on where to draw the line as far as the whole "sticking to the NFN theme" goes for the Pike Off for sure, seriously it hasta end some where before there are too many people starting to say "it's not fair, then we should extend it that far N,S,E,W, as well", next thing you know it's an all over Ontario event.

next thing ya know some guys like me who travel to fish, or have camps are gonna start getting into the 20lber pike, and the Niagara guys aren't gonna stand a chance against that...half the whole fun of this challenge for me is trying to catch a BIG pike in and around Niagara..the area is loaded with snot rockets if ya know where to get em at different times of the year...but catching anything upwartds into the 30's is a real challenge, too me that's half the fun, we don't have a big population of huge pike, there are some, but not thousands.

Anyways, just fishin around for opinions since we just started this.....don't worry not trying to make an example of Paulyboy's nice catch for the day, he gave me another reason to try and get a bigger one :P:unsure: , just think the boundries have to be set some where.

Hmmmm, almost time to get a boat entry I think too, as you can see from my other reply, I went through my tackle, and loaded up a bag with all pike related items..i'm all set and ready to WIN!!!!! :P:unsure:

man you don't realize how much fishin stuff you have untill you actually go through it once in a while and break it down for what you need for certain fishing situations :lol: PS don't let the wives in on how much the stuff "really" costs :P:)

All this pike talk, I should finish my beer, and get to bed soon, I gotta get up early, check my bait trap, and go scope out another spot for big chubs before I go fishin, well maybe I will have a couple more cold ones first :):lol:

Not to step on any one's toes, but I think we should keep this in the area we had last year, and

delete the Toronto area. That's not anywhere near Niagara. And the islands have some real monsters

in there.

As jwl stated, there are lots of pike in Niagara, but getting the ones over thirty inches is quite a challange.

If someone gets one at the islands at 40 + inches, the entries will stop, and everyone will basically give up.

Just my nickels worth.

Do it Rick, keep it in Niagara.

:Gonefishing:

Guest Rockfish

Rockfish ....I was there ,but not in the blue box .......Dr.Bob's silver pick-up ! got your NFN logo in my bag ,all done up nice & purdy in cellophane . :)

Here's my 19-20" whopper toothy one........ :rolleyes:

I was there at 8 am Smerch, hung around till about 9:30 and then decided to check another spot. Thanks for the Logo again, we got into a few toothy critters that were a bit bigger than snot rockets. We also saw one caught today that was probably close to a 32" er and fat and Big U knows the spot. :D

:Gonefishing:

Archived