2007 NFN Pike Off

Pope29

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heybude

well, i see alot of people dumping crap near gibson, and all i do is look across my backyard, i have been to a spot where i have met Rockfish and i have tried a few times to clean that spot, i think i have tooken 3 garbage bags home with me to have the trash collectors collect it, leaving me with 1 bag of personal garbage to rid of which i do not mind, if i can make it a better place to fish, i will clean it up... Bud

Guest Rockfish

Good stuff Joe :dunno: I've hung a bag for garbage in a tree there but it got ripped open, must have been a coon or someone looking for garbage, LOL. I ended up putting the crap into another bag and taking it away. I know another guy that is worried about the area being fenced up and he takes garbage from a couple of spots around there. :dunno:

Guest heybude

yea i seen a ripped up bag once out in the sticks part of that area, many coons out there, they make their way over to my place eventually, see em all the time... lately i been fishing across the road, im sure u know that spot too, nice big reservoir... little cleaner up in that part, if you dont mind snakes lol

Guest Rockfish

Getting back to the Pike reports, went on a Pike mission with Smerch and knightfisher and had a pretty good day today, well yesterday now. :lol: Started at one spot and Smerch is into 2 Toothies and me and KF were just losing lures on snags. ;) Then we split up and KF heads one way and gets a couple Critters and me and Smerch go the other way.

Not too much happening so I take a long walk to do some more exploring and find a nice looking spot. Caught 3 toothy critters on a Williams spoon, then lost it on a snag. :lol: Tried a Syclops spoon and some Cleos and no hits, then switched to a 5" Husky Jerk and caught 4 more. Thought the bite had stopped near dark but caught one more on a blue X-rap. A slow stop and go retrieve was working the best and the biggest was 29" but still a good day for the Critters.

Smerch and KF left just a bit too early. B)

:)

• 6 months later...

I just joined Niagara Fishing.Net yesterday after the Salmon Derby, do I have to make 50 posts to enter "Pike Off 2007"?

The Samon Derby yesterday was my first contest and would really like to enter "Pike Off 2007" is there any way around the 50 post rule?

P.S is there a Musky Off 2007?

Guest Rockfish
I just joined Niagara Fishing.Net yesterday after the Salmon Derby, do I have to make 50 posts to enter "Pike Off 2007"?

The Samon Derby yesterday was my first contest and would really like to enter "Pike Off 2007" is there any way around the 50 post rule?

P.S is there a Musky Off 2007?

50 posts have been part of the rules for established members to enter and the posts don't have to be about Pike either.

Just ask Jack (jwl), he had 50 posts when he first joined last year in about a week.

There is no Muskie Off but hopefully another Pike Off for 2008 to keep things interesting.

:lol:

Archived